NEWS: Huge re-wilding project launched in Highlands

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC/UKH News 24 Sep 2021

An ambitious 30-year 'landscape-scale' rewilding initiative to connect Loch Ness to Kintail on Scotland's west coast was launched by conservation charity Trees for Life yesterday.

Read more

Sean Kelly 24 Sep 2021
In reply to UKC/UKH News:

This is wonderful news for one of my favourite areas of the Highlands. Only those who have travelled all these remote hills and valleys can truly know what a special area this really is. My fondest memory concerns my only sighting of a Pine Marten just a few yards away as I was making my way into Knoydart along that lonely road beside Loch Arkaig, when I had stopped to take a photo of the loch. He dashed across the road, stopped to look at me, and in another moment has disappeared into the bracken. It made that trip!

I wish every success to this venture.

Lankyman 25 Sep 2021

When do the wolves and bears go in?

In reply to Lankyman:

> When do the wolves and bears go in?

One of my dogs is a Romanian Mioritic Shepherd dog who has been looking forward to protecting the pack from wolves and bears. Bring it on!

Twiggy Diablo 26 Sep 2021

There was an excellent film called “The Cull” at the Kendal Mountain Film Festival that presented all sides of the argument around rewilding, crofting, deer management etc in the Scottish highlands.

A whole bunch of conflicting yet each perfectly valid arguments on the topic.

Robert Durran 26 Sep 2021
In reply to Twiggy Diablo:

> There was an excellent film called “The Cull” at the Kendal Mountain Film Festival that presented all sides of the argument around rewilding, crofting, deer management etc in the Scottish highlands.

> A whole bunch of conflicting yet each perfectly valid arguments on the topic.

Yes, a  beautiful and balanced film. It was available online a while back. Not sure if it still is.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...