10 Ways to Improve Your Mountain Landscape Photography

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Breaking trail through knee-deep snow for hours made this image possible. Try to streamline your camera gear to reduce weight Landscape photography can be both satisfying and hugely frustrating. With so many people taking photos in the hills, how do you make yours stand out? Pro photographer James Roddie has some choice tips on working smarter to achieve better results.

Read more
 Southvillain 15 Jul 2019
In reply to UKC/UKH Articles:

What is the ridge in the foreground of the shot captioned "Careful planning, good timing and studying weather forecasts exhaustively will pay off"? Thanks.

Grahame N 15 Jul 2019
In reply to Southvillain:

Looks like the Carn Mor Dearg Arete to me.

Southvillain 15 Jul 2019
In reply to Grahame N:

> Looks like the Carn Mor Dearg Arete to me.

I walked that only 6 weeks ago! Mind you, we were in cloud all the way until we reached the summit...If that is CMD arete it's presumably looking east toward Stob Coire Bhealaich beyond?

Simon Caldwell 15 Jul 2019
In reply to Southvillain:

looking SSW towards Stob Ban and the Mamores

Southvillain 15 Jul 2019
In reply to Simon Caldwell:

Ah. Thanks. We've promised ourselves a return trip anyway, so hopefully next time we'll be able to see something...

Alison Page 19 Jul 2019

Thank you for this inspiring article - it's really well-written and makes me want to grab my camera and get out there right away!

Kafoozalem 22 Aug 2019

A large chamois leather draped over the camera is useful to keep the rain out and quickly clear the front filter of raindrops. 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...