Troll Harness Product Recall?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Beginner 01 Jul 2004
I have a troll climbing harness that I have been told has been recalled by Troll due to safety issues. I'd like to contact Troll to find out if this is indeed the case, but seem unable to reach their web-page and the only phone number I could find (01457 878822) seems to no longer be connected.

Does anyone know anything about this recall and / or have a phone number I could use to contact them?
 steev 01 Jul 2004
In reply to Beginner:

not sure if this'll help, but troll were recently bough by / merged with HB. Maybe contacing HB would help.
DGB 01 Jul 2004
As per previous reply Troll has been bought out by HB, their web site address is http://www.hbclimbing.com/. The web site is being revamped and has been under construction for months - good luck.
 graeme jackson 01 Jul 2004
In reply to Beginner: Which model? -worried magma wearer...
Beginner 01 Jul 2004
Thanks for the help folks, I got in touch with HB Climbing (v. friendly lot btw) and spoke to somebody who'd been at Troll for ten years and had no recollection of them ever having recalled a harness.

Also, the "fault" was only that it wasn't immediately obvious if the waist strap didn't run through the belay loop when you put the harness on incorrectly, although having seen this now, it is pretty easy to spot.

Anyway, bottom line is that I feel no worries about continuing to use the harness, and thanks for the help.
Beginner 01 Jul 2004
In reply to graeme jackson: Strangely, I don't know what model it is. It was just the harness that felt right when I was buying a harness if you see what I mean!

Don't worry though. As far as I can tell, this is all a storm in a tea-cup (see other post).
 Niall 01 Jul 2004
In reply to Beginner:
> ..spoke to somebody who'd been at Troll for ten years and had no recollection of them ever having recalled a harness.

So it was a troll then? (tee-hee-hee-hee-heeee)
 Niall 02 Jul 2004
In reply to Niall:

OK, please yourselves then....
 Lbos 02 Jul 2004
In reply to Niall: I laughed!
 Niall 02 Jul 2004
In reply to Lbos:

*phew* cheers for that, thought I was losing my touch
Father Faff 02 Jul 2004
In reply to Beginner:

Seriously this has happened to me with my Troll harness, which is now about 8 years old. Often the waist loop will fall out of the belay loop when it is not being worn and it can be all too easy to put the thing on without the waist belt actually threading the belay loop. To date I've usually spotted it (I think....!).

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...