St. Bees bouldering access

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 andy healey 24 May 2023

Looking at the restrictions, it's not clear whether St Bees bouldering is open at the minute. 

Bird ban on bouldering south of Fishermans steps, but  on  St. Bees Head there's mention of a landslide. Is the ban on just the routes, or bouldering as well?

"Restricted Access

The main bolted areas (Apiary Wall and Scabby Back) are unrestricted. All other areas of the crag including Fisherman's Steps are restricted."

jack89 25 May 2023
In reply to andy healey:

Hopefully someone else will correct me if required, but bouldering at Apiary wall/Scabby back, Old Bouys and Fleswick bay is unrestricted. Restrictions apply to the other bouldering (and route) areas since access is via/near cliffs and the nesting sea birds. The landslide appears stable so disregard that bit.

Boy Global Crag Moderator 25 May 2023
In reply to andy healey:

I'm not working today (hence reply on personal account rather than TeamBMC). I'll look into this and correct the RAD tomorrow. 

I think Jack is correct though.

OP andy healey 25 May 2023
In reply to andy healey:

Thanks both👍

petegunn 25 May 2023
In reply to andy healey:

Really just the blocks past Heuco Crack/Fisherman's Dyno so loads to go at 👍

In reply to andy healey:

FYI: RAD Access data was updated today - St. Bees Head

Post edited at 11:10
 AlexD-L 10 Jun 2023
In reply to all: 

As a note on access at St Bees to be noted in the RAD & generally disseminated: the residents of the farm at Tarn Flatts who open a field for parking are becoming increasingly frustrated that (and they say its mostly climbers) people aren't paying to park. Today we had a chat with them on our way back and they said it's the last warning and they're likely to close the field if things don't improve. 

Tried leaving a comment on the RAD also but hoping people searching UKC may find this too! 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...