Recommend some boots

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Dax H 13 Apr 2023

My old walking boots gave up the ghost last year whilst on holiday so I nipped in to Decathlon and picked up a cheap pair. 

They are great for walking but I did a bit of light scrambling at the weekend and the soles don't grip to grit stone in the slightest, it wasn't far from walking on ice. 

Can anyone recommend a pair of waterproof ankle boots suitable for scrambling for £100 or below? 

Andy Hardy 13 Apr 2023
In reply to Dax H:

You'll be lucky to get a waterproof boot, that's good for scrambling for under £100.

https://www.brandecosse.com/product/capriolo-coffee-walking-boot/ might fit the bill, apart from the price!

OP Dax H 13 Apr 2023
In reply to Andy Hardy:

Its kind of annoying, my work boots are waterproof, great for scrambling but with steel toes and a steel midsole they are heavy but only cost £100.

Walking boots without all the steel cost way more. 

Guy Hurst 13 Apr 2023
In reply to Dax H:

You could easily get a pair of climbing shoes for under £100 to do the actual scrambling with and do the "walk-in" with your boots.

In reply to Dax H:

There are three pieces of outdoor equipment where I think it pays to buy the best quality: car tyres, climbing ropes, climbing and walking boots. (For the rest, good value for money, e.g.  Decathlon, is OK). Beware of false economies. My last pair of hillwalking boots have just given up the ghost (soles breaking up and coming off) after about 5000 miles and 500,000 feet of use. These were high-end Vasque hill walking boots, very comfortable and well made.

olddirtydoggy 13 Apr 2023
In reply to Dax H:

Sport Pursuit has some Scarpas at £109 at the moment. You might get lucky with the sizes.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...