Falaises de Corse guide book confusion.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 ekinstimothy 27 Mar 2023

Has any one used the Falaises de Corse guide book? Im trying to understand what the guide means when it says "MAX" rope length. For example, im assuming for a single pitch at a given sector, when it states 'Max rope length 70M' it means some of the routes are 35M so a 70M rope is needed. I could be wrong as the exact route lengths are not stated. For some sectors is states, Max rope length 40M and routes at that length are not uncommon. However, for me the confusion really lies with the multi pitches, when it also stated 'Max rope length 70M' would that mean I would need two 70M ropes to assail down the thing?? For the life of me can't understand why they would use the words max rope length?? Surely its either minimum rope length or maximum route length. Anyway, perhaps im over thinking but it would be a balls up if I took two 50m half ropes on a multi pitch with 60m pitches or rap stations to get down the thing. 

In reply to ekinstimothy:

Definitely a translation issue. You've got the original language in the same guidebook? Maybe it's possible to compare the relevant bit of text with help of Google translate and sort it out. For particular multipitch routes you can look them up on camptocamp.org where usually you'll find info on approach, pitches, length of the rappels/walk-off.

OP ekinstimothy 06 Apr 2023
In reply to George Sandstone:

thanks for the info, ill check the website you mentioned.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...