Climbing the highest peak in every country in Europe for mental health

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 DizzyVizion 23 Feb 2023

I stumbled across videos on youtube of a person who has commited to summiting the highest peak of every country in Europe, in order to improve their mental health after experiencing a rough patch in their life. And I must say the videos are very entertaining and of quite high quality; the editing and narration are both really good. But for all their effort the viewcount on the videos is unfortunately very low, so I thought I would highlight their quest on here to help boost their numbers a bit and maybe help their motivation to continue.  

Here is their latest effort; to summit Portugals highest peak-

youtube.com/watch?v=j65Wta4KCP0&

I have no idea who this person is but I do hope more people will subscribe to their channel and leave them a comment, like, etc etc. It's nice to do nice things for nice people and all that. Thank you.

Post edited at 22:18
 veteye 23 Feb 2023
In reply to DizzyVizion:

I met a US postman (US Postal: No I don't think that he was taking drugs like a certain bike athlete!) on Denali, who was climbing all the highest peaks of each of the 50 states.

Which is more onerous, climbing those US peaks, or doing the European ones?

In reply to DizzyVizion:

Thanks for sharing! I'll follow and watch them! I'm beginning climbing at thirty for my mental wellbeing, it's been a dream and ambition of mine to climb and mountaineer since I was a teenager, I just never had the opportunity to start and got very unwell, physically and mentally that stopped life for years, now I'm recovered other than a lack of confidence and entrenched isolation since covid, so I'm in contact with my local climbing wall and making steps to joining, I'm currently working on my grip and core strength before I join fully giving myself a deadline of three months!

Im always up for watching climbers and this sounds like it could be inspiring for me!

Post edited at 00:56
OP DizzyVizion 24 Feb 2023
In reply to AnnapurnaDreams:

Good on you   ; )

My advice- join now! Your grip and core strength are likely to improve more quickly by climbing more often.

Also, the fear of falling should spur you on. Fall more = fear less. 

Good luck!

OP DizzyVizion 24 Feb 2023
In reply to veteye:

> I met a US postman (US Postal: No I don't think that he was taking drugs like a certain bike athlete!) on Denali, who was climbing all the highest peaks of each of the 50 states.

> Which is more onerous, climbing those US peaks, or doing the European ones?

Great question. I've no idea tbh.

I imagine both ventures would be excellent undertakings. 

OP DizzyVizion 30 Mar 2023
In reply to DizzyVizion:

Another fine effort-

youtube.com/watch?v=11hrObt5yn4&

I hope she completes this challenge.

And that she stops tearing holes in her clothes. 

In reply to DizzyVizion:

Thanks for highlighting this inspiring project in the forums. We have an interview with Louise in the pipeline!

OP DizzyVizion 30 Mar 2023
In reply to Dan Bailey - UKHillwalking.com:

Oh wow! That's fantastic!

I'm really glad to hear this.

Thanks Dan.

Wimlands 30 Mar 2023
In reply to DizzyVizion:

Thanks for that, enjoyed it…

MisterPiggy 30 Mar 2023
In reply to DizzyVizion:

Excellent find. An sharing it far and wide. Looking forward to more of the same !

Pete Pozman 14 Apr 2023
In reply to veteye:

> I met a US postman (US Postal: No I don't think that he was taking drugs like a certain bike athlete!) on Denali, who was climbing all the highest peaks of each of the 50 states.

> Which is more onerous, climbing those US peaks, or doing the European ones?

I reckon Denali could be a stopper. So the US tour is more difficult. 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...