PRESS RELEASE: The Climbing Hangar Reading will offer "Berkshire's best value bouldering"

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Gear 13 Jan 2023

The Climbing Hangar's all-new bouldering gym in Reading is offering unlimited climbing for just £1 more than a single day pass.   Find out more.

Read more

Tyler 13 Jan 2023
In reply to UKC Gear:

Good to see some levelling up with a Liverpool based company subsidising the leisure activities of those poor people of Berkshire!

I’m just jealous being 50 minutes from my nearest wall, this does seem great value 

S Ramsay 18 Jan 2023
In reply to Tyler:

It seems highly unlikely that there is any cross subsidising going on, apart from anything it make no business sense, more likely, the Reading venue expects, rightly or wrongly, more members relative to the price of its rent than the Liverpool based operations. Apologies if it was just a joke

In reply to S Ramsay:

its just a pricing tactic, the centres tend to be £15/m before they open, then up to £20 after the opening and it then climbs steadily as the customer base matures to between £30-50/m

as for the subsidsing, yeh the current centers support the opening of more, i wouldn't call it subsidising though as these centres are designed from the ground for profitability first and climbing second. they also share holds and staff. OJ (picture 2 in the article) joined Hangar Plymouth and now sets at, at least, thier south west locations

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...