PRESS RELEASE: Double Award Success Heralds The Return of Berghaus Extrem

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC/UKH Gear 01 Dec 2022

Berghaus is celebrating after two products in its Extrem range secured major industry awards. On the same day that the brand picked up an ISPO Award came the news that Berghaus has also won a Polartec® Apex Award for the first time. Both accolades were earned for products in the all new Extrem collection, which has launched this autumn after an extensive design, development and testing programme.

Read more

Roberttaylor 01 Dec 2022
In reply to UKC/UKH Gear:

I had an old Berghaus Extrem goretex jacket (c2007?) when I went to uni; I foolishly sold it, and bought an eVent one by another well-known British brand, which promptly leaked. I also had a Berghaus Extrem rucksack which lasted from 2008 (with some seams re-stitched when the glue melted!) until a few months ago (when that same stitching came to bits). It's currently with Berghaus, being repaired under their repair scheme.

If they keep to the design and build standard of the old Extrem stuff, I suspect I'll opt for Berghaus whenever I need something new, not least because of their repair policy.

top cat 02 Dec 2022
In reply to UKC/UKH Gear:

Those jackets look good but need a double ended zip for sure.

I wonder if the repair scheme would fit one on a brand new jacket, on the basis that the design needs fixing!?

Neil Williams 02 Dec 2022
In reply to Roberttaylor:

Unfortunately it doesn't appear to be the old design.  I'd buy a brand new original style Mera Peak or Trango Extrem tomorrow, but hardly anyone does the long jacket with a waist drawcord any more.

Post edited at 11:25

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...