Women's waterproof jackets

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Hi all. 

Any recommendations for women's waterproofs that are a) reliably waterproof, so the higher end of the waterproofness spec, and b) helmet compatible, but not just based for winter climbing? 

Recently upgraded from the ME Saltoro, which kept wetting through, to the Manaslu, but hadn't realised that it only works with thick gloves - the sleeves are three times the width of my wrists, longer than my fingertips, and don't have enough velcro to do them up (presumably because they expect very big gloves). I don't really need it for winter climbing and I never had a problem with adding gloves to my Saltoro - whereas the Manaslu just didn't fasten.

I asked Mountain Equipment for alternatives but they said they discontinued their 'summer alpine' jackets (ie what I'm after) for women because they didn't have enough sales.

So - any recs for alternatives? I just need something that will cope with very heavy rain, hopefully lasting more than a year like my previous ones did (so I don't mind paying) - but which I can occasionally wear on a multi and so will fit my helmet / massive wodge of hair. 

Not really a women's specific issue but availability of options does seem to be less. 

Cheers.  

Babika 22 Nov 2022
In reply to Queen of the Traverse:

I bought a Rab Firewall about 18 months ago, replacing my useless Arcteryx and haven't been disappointed. It's been in some appalling rain and had a helmet underneath.

The sleeves are a but long though. I've no idea who these women with super long arms are so I figure it must be me, and get kind of used to it. 

Sealwife 22 Nov 2022

Patagonia Triolet.  Everything seems to work, nothing about it is annoying and it’s properly waterproof.

nathan79 23 Nov 2022

My other half bought a Rab Kangri earlier this month. Seems like a solid bit of kit, good hood that I think would take a helmet.

Thanks all.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...