Sheep Chalk Bag - HELP!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 RobOggie 18 Nov 2022

So having seen a few out and about and being a bit sheep mad, my girlfriend has decided that she wants a sheep chalk bag for christmas...so I found and ordered a suitably cute one only for the seller to contact me to say they couldn't fulfil the order.

Now I'm back to square one and can't find another one similar (tried google, etsy, ebay) so does anyone have one they don't want or know of somewhere I could find one or get one made?

Having previously made my own from a pair of jeans, I would love to try and do it myself but I wouldn't know where to start with butchering a Herdy, let alone the ethical question of it!

Thanks

Jenny C 18 Nov 2022
In reply to RobOggie:

Shop bought soft toy sheep. Bit of surgery to remove stuffing and insert a pre bought (or homemade) chalkbag.

ianstevens 18 Nov 2022
In reply to RobOggie:

I *think* they're made by 8B+

Elizabeth_S 18 Nov 2022
In reply to RobOggie:

https://www.didaks.com/climbing-equipment/chalk-bags?product_id=464

Found this one but I'm not sure if it will ship to the UK!

leon 1 18 Nov 2022
In reply to RobOggie: Bananafingers may be your friend ?

https://www.bananafingers.co.uk/category/chalk-bags

Post edited at 14:29
 Jamie Hageman 18 Nov 2022
In reply to RobOggie:

I have an unused vintage Mountain Technology chalk bag, made in Glencoe.  It's thick fluffy off-white hairy fur!  It could pass as a sheep with a couple of goggly eyes glued on (which I will do if you like?)

olddirtydoggy 18 Nov 2022
In reply to RobOggie:

The Climbing Hangar in Sheffield has a few of them, I noticed them for sale as my mate has the sheep one. Not sure where you're based b ut if you're near one of their bouldering walls you might get lucky.

Toerag 21 Nov 2022
In reply to RobOggie:

I once had a sheep 'posing pouch' which I won in a raffle - it was a flattish 'Sean the sheep'-type face (with squeaker inside) and black satin pouch behind.  Would be easy to use to make a custom sheep chalkbag.  I don't think the pouch would be big enough to take a full chalk ball and the users fingers, so you'd need to attach the face to a normal chalk bag.

In reply to RobOggie:

The mini works have a selection of animal theme chalk bags, I've got a mamouth and a panda for the kids for Christmas. Worth giving them a ring to see if they have a sheep?

Post edited at 21:54

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...