24 Hour Running Record Broken

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 ro8x 25 Sep 2022
In reply to plyometrics:

be genuinely interested if his record survives the inevitable WADA investigations. 

Edshakey 25 Sep 2022
In reply to ro8x:

Does he have previous? Or is it just because it's so incredible? I'm not up to date on these records but intrigued if there's a backstory or just speculation.

john arran 25 Sep 2022
In reply to plyometrics:

World record marathon for Kipchoge too: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/athletics/63025365

Mark Kemball 25 Sep 2022
In reply to plyometrics:

The record was held for a long time at 161+ miles by the late Ron Bentley https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ron_Bentley a good friend of my family. 

In reply to plyometrics:

Incredible isn't it

BuzyG 25 Sep 2022
In reply to ro8x:

He held the previous record, if I read that correctly. Presumably ratified. Why should this one not be?

OP plyometrics 26 Sep 2022
In reply to john arran:

Yup. Another mind bogglingly incredible feat. Race conditions sub 2 next year, maybe…

ro8x 26 Sep 2022
In reply to BuzyG:

Just a really mad margin to beat his own record I guess, I’m incredibly cynical about any endurance athletes being clean in general. 

Post edited at 11:22
OP plyometrics 26 Sep 2022
In reply to ro8x:

Given elite sport’s poor track record with drugs, you’re right to be cynical.

That said, I’d be incredibly surprised if doping in ultra running was common.

Nic Barber 26 Sep 2022
In reply to plyometrics:

> Given elite sport’s poor track record with drugs, you’re right to be cynical.

> That said, I’d be incredibly surprised if doping in ultra running was common.

Someone got expunged from the top 10 of the UTMB results in the last few years as they failed a dope test.

One of the best female mountain runners in the world (Swiss) has a failed test in her past.

A guy who turned up on the European mountain running scene (Ugandan) and won a lot of big races has also failed a dope test.

Just 3 off the top of my head

As you get more money and prestige and it takes time for testing infrastructure to catch up...

Post edited at 14:18

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...