Replacement for Rab Sawtooth jacket?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 TomGB 09 Sep 2022

I've had a rab sawtooth for about 11 years now and it's been probably my most worn item from Angelsey to the Alps. I love it. Unfortunately, its started to die It owes me nothing so I'll give it a viking funeral and try to move on. 

I've tried to find the same one again but it doesn't seem to be in stock anywhere. In which case, can anyone recommend the following:

- softshell jacket ideally with no hood. 

-reasonably thin and lightweight material and packs up reasonably small. More than just a windproof but not a bulky shell. Can keep wind off and deal with light showers. 

for shoulder season climbing, summer alpinism, walking to gym in Edinburgh when its windy. 

Thanks

Garethza 09 Sep 2022
In reply to TomGB:

I can highly recommend the Rab Kinetic jacket. It has a hood though but it is big enough for a helmet and the fabric is super stretchy and breathable. It's a great lightweight jacket for daily use and is lovely to climb in. Only caveat is its not exactly super waterproof like a hardshell but will deal with the occasional showers. I think its the best jacket in their range hands down! I'm sure someone will say I am wrong though

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...