Self catering and food in hampi?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
climbingnoob 06 Sep 2022

Hi guys,

Does anyone know if there’s any hostel/self catering like accommodation in hampi, india? Planning a trip there and ideally want to cook for myself. 

Also, food wise, does anyone know if you can get soya milk (or any other plant milk) and porridge out there?

Thanks!

Oscar Popels 07 Sep 2022
In reply to climbingnoob:

The accommodation situation has changed massively in the last couple of years as the Indian government demolished the majority of guest houses on "hampi Island" to make way for new hotels.  I think there was a ukc article about it when it was going on. I'm not sure what's there now. 

Regarding plant milk I would be very surprised if you could find anything like that in hampi. You might be able to stock up in Bangalore but it might take a day of hunting to find it. India is very different to Europe and there aren't really supermarkets like you get here. 

I would recommend you just eat local food.  It's probably one of the best parts of being in the country.  Dosa/idli/samosa will be much better than any porridge you can find

Post edited at 09:42
climbingnoob 10 Sep 2022
In reply to Oscar Popels:

Thanks Oscar. Do you know what the latest info. is on accommodation out there? Been browsing online, looking on google earth and what not and can’t  find any info. on places to stay. All I know is goan corner is 6 miles out of town now. Hoping there’s somewhere closer to the bouldering, as without a car that’ll be mission! 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...