Unused Gas Cartridge

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Bojo 05 Sep 2022

I'm just comingto the end of twoweeks in France. When I arrived here I bought a screw-in gas cartridge for my stove. It turns out thatI genuinely didn't use it. As I can'ttake it back to UK with my(travelling by air) anyone hazard a guess whether the same shop would buy it back? If not I suppose I'll just have to dump it(safely???)

Babika 05 Sep 2022
In reply to Bojo:

When I arrived in Iceland a few weeks ago at the car hire shop was a huge box of half used cartridges which I gratefully picked up  

What a great idea - really sustainable and sensible. If you could only find something similar in France....

PaulJepson 05 Sep 2022
In reply to Bojo:

Are you passing any camping areas or picnic spots perhaps used by campers? Leave it for someone there, I'm sure it will get snaffled. 

OP Bojo 05 Sep 2022
In reply to PaulJepson:

> Are you passing any camping areas or picnic spots perhaps used by campers? Leave it for someone there, I'm sure it will get snaffled. 

As it happens my last night is on a village with a camp site bang in the middle

Jenny C 05 Sep 2022
In reply to Bojo:

A few times we've been given part used cartridges by fellow campers unable to fly home with them.

lowersharpnose 05 Sep 2022
In reply to Bojo:

Bang a nail through the top and light it. 

Only sensible thing to do.

In reply to Bojo:

For what it's worth I have a snap on style one that I inhertited but my stove is a screw on thread.

Free to anyone in the Inverness area. Tried giving it away on the for sale forum but no joy. One last attempt.

Bottom Clinger 05 Sep 2022
In reply to Bojo:

The way things are going, I’d get rid of it pronto before you get mugged for it. 

Moacs 06 Sep 2022
In reply to lowersharpnose:

Or just chuck it in someone's barbeque 

**Don't do this 

OP Bojo 07 Sep 2022
In reply to Bojo:

Took it back to where I bought - full refund ; )

Baron Weasel 12 Sep 2022
In reply to lowersharpnose:

> Bang a nail through the top and light it. 

There used to be a redneck video on YouTube called Propane + Thermite = Bad

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...