Rab VR Summit sizing

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Bash 29 Aug 2022

Hi. I have a Rab Borealis in size Large. I am 34 waist, 6ft and half inch, regular size chest and arms. Over 40 so a bit of a belly. I find the Borealis a little restrictive but mainly because it is short length. I am going to buy a Summit and am looking at large but wondering if it will be tight with layers or does the regular fit (Borealis is active) accommodate? Any VR Summit owners that can advise would be great 

midgen 29 Aug 2022
In reply to Bash:

I have a Borealis and VR Summit in the same size (medium), they both fit exactly the same on me. I'm a 6'2" 30" beanpole. I would love it if they were both a bit longer in the torso, but they're still OK.

For what it's worth, as much as I like Rab gear, I find Mountain Equipment is just a bit longer in the torso and arms, and so tend to buy their stuff now. I'd have gone with the ME Kinesis over the VR summit, just a slightly better fit, and stuffs in it's own pocket, which the VR doesn't. 

Post edited at 16:40
OP Bash 29 Aug 2022
In reply to midgen:

That’s fantastic because I’m literally sat here looking at ME Kinesis and comparing - great to know that I’m probably XL for Rab. Thanks!

OP Bash 07 Sep 2022
In reply to midgen:

@midgen - The ME Kinesis arrived this morning after a bit of a battle with Irish customs (as bought through UK), and i'm delighted with it. Have only warn it to the shops so far, but it is a lovely jacket and just hope to have a bit of unsettled weather on the hills this weekend to put it through its paces. Thanks so much for the heads up. 

midgen 07 Sep 2022
In reply to Bash:

> @midgen - The ME Kinesis arrived this morning after a bit of a battle with Irish customs (as bought through UK), and i'm delighted with it. Have only warn it to the shops so far, but it is a lovely jacket and just hope to have a bit of unsettled weather on the hills this weekend to put it through its paces. Thanks so much for the heads up. 

No problem, actually your post had me look around and I bought one myself last week as I saw it for a good price online! Very happy with it too, been on a few blustery walks already. 

Not that the VR Summit isn't also excellent, but the cut of the ME fits me better.

probablylost 07 Sep 2022
In reply to midgen:

Without wanting to bankrupt people, I've got the kinesis jacket and it would be my favourite bit of kit if I didn't have the trousers as well...

OP Bash 07 Sep 2022
In reply to probablylost:

I’m going through an attempt to not buy anything more until Christmas and now I’m gonna look at the Kinesis trousers….

OP Bash 08 Sep 2022
In reply to probablylost:

Any idea if the Kinesis Base pants would go with the Ibex pants or is that going to be too much and better just to get some Kinesis pants?

probablylost 08 Sep 2022
In reply to Bash:

I've not had a go of the base pants and I've not tried layering under the ibex. If they work ok with some tights or whatever then maybe? One drawback vs the kinesis pants is the latter have massive side zips to vent to the skin which work really well for dumping heat. This means you can get away with them in a wider range of (winter) conditions than I expected. The ventilation on the ibex isn't as good so might be less versatile. I'm guessing though.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...