Hoka11 walking boots

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Hi,

Would anyone who uses Hoka11 walking boots care to venture an opinion on them ?

I am considering a pair of Kaha 2 GTX’s and so would be interested if anyone uses these boots in particular.

Many thanks,

Andy.

scottashworth 22 Aug 2022
In reply to restless native:

I haven't used them myself but my wife has. She rates them very highly (obviously usual stuff about fit/intended use etc). She has a bit of a dodgy knee and doesn't get on easily with walking boots. She looked at these after getting on well with Hoka Speedgoats. Wore them straight from the box on the TMB this summer and to be honest didn't shut up about how much she liked them. Very comfortable and lightweight yet supportive enough. She has since used them on more scrambly terrain and they seemed fine. A bit too early to comment on durability but so far no signs of any issues.

Y Gribin 23 Aug 2022

I have a pair - bought cheap as I love their running shoes. They are great for trekking, especially on hot, dry surfaces. I can imagine they'd be great on the TMB. However the the thick sole and soft ankle makes them rubbish for any scrambling or rocky surfaces (I'd imagine they'd be less good on the GR20, for example, which is more ankle-turning). They also don't have the deepest tred.

The sizing on mine was massive, and I needed to add insoles. So 'really good' but only on some surfaces.

Pbob 23 Aug 2022

I bought some new but cheap on ebay. Good build quality, really light weight, supportive but extremely narrow. I've got very wide feet but use their running shoes no problem. Might have been a reject batch though (hence being sold new but very cheap on ebay). Only other gripe was the tread was flimsy/shallow but never really gave them much of a challenge.

yorkshireman 23 Aug 2022

<pedantry>Small point but the 'one one' is pronounced 'oh-nay oh-nay' and means something like 'time to fly' in Maouri. </pedantry>

I don't have the walking boots but use the Hoka Speedgoat for trail running and love them (kept a pair on for 42 hours straight on the UTMB and not a blemish on my feet). I tend to use them for hiking too when they get a few KMs on the clock. 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...