REVIEW: Deuter Climber - A Kid's Pack Built for Mountains

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC/UKH Gear 16 Aug 2022

Based on Deuter's popular Guide, only much, much smaller, the Climber is a real rarity - a proper mountain pack that's aimed specifically at children. Comfortable, durable, and well-designed, it makes a reviewer's life too easy, says Dan Bailey, because there's really nothing to criticise.

Read more

jojoo 24 Aug 2022
In reply to UKC/UKH Gear:

My son has this pack; overall i agree with your test. I generally only miss one thing: Some straps to carry skis like an A-Frame. Maybe just over the strech pocket for bottles.

One quick tip for this pack and a lot of others: When the pack is half-empty, store the brain inside the main compartment. Less flopping around and a smoother outer.

Kalna_kaza 24 Aug 2022
In reply to jojoo:

> store the brain inside the main compartment. Less flopping around and a smoother outer.

This Americanism came up a while ago from someone else asking a question. Please can we just call it a lid? Brain is such a horrible term.

J72 26 Aug 2022
In reply to UKC/UKH Gear:

This review was really helpful and I’m likely to buy this for my 8 year old - as with proper weatherproof clothing most child sized items are not really fit for purpose for a proper day (or night) in the hills 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...