ecoSHEILD waterproof system- anyone heard of it or used it?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 franny 02 Aug 2022

Hi has anyone had a waterproof jacket using the ecoSHEILD system. I've got to lose some (lots of) weight and need an emergency cheap waterproof because my decent one doesn't fit at the mo - it will though!!! Sportpursuit have got a Fjern Forsvar one which I like but can't seem to find any reviews or info other than the basic info re construction.

TIA

Gabe Oliver 03 Aug 2022
In reply to franny:

Hi Franny, 

Fjern are not a company I am super familiar with but as someone who works in the industry I would hazard a guess that Fjern have created the EcoShield brand name and applied it to a 3L they've developed directly with a fabric mill. The EcoShield website (https://www.ecoshieldfabric.com/#/) has no additional information and critically no contact which would suggest it's a separate company. This isn't necessarily a bad thing, a lot more brands are creating own branded fabrics these days as the quality of fabrics outside of Goretex, Pertex, Polartec etc increases to compete. 

At 15k/15k, the style you're looking at isn't going to set the world alight and the PFC-free DWR won't last as long. Both the Rab Downpour Eco and the Alpkit Sigma use a comparable monopolymer fabric construction to facilitate recycling but the Rab style is 20k/20k performance with Pertex branded 2.5L fabric. Could be a potential option for you if you want the security of a branded fabric? 

Don't think I've quite answered your question but hope that helps anyway. Hit me a direct message if you want 

All the best

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...