AlpKit tent poles. Snapping!!!!!!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 PaulTanton 18 Jul 2022

AlpKit tents

Has anyone here had a problem with Kangri Poles? I've had three of the black pole sections snap on me.  Pretty annoying.

Just wondering if anyone has a similar problem

Thanks

Paul

In reply to PaulTanton:

Yes Paul I did. To be fair though, my Kangri was bought in the first year or so they were sold (c7-8 years ago maybe).

Alpkit replaced the pole and I had no more issues. Sadly the bottom of the inner tent has now given up, so I’ve had to retire it. Shame as it’s a great tent.

Post edited at 16:54
OP PaulTanton 18 Jul 2022
In reply to betterbelayerthanclimber:

I agree, it's a really nice tent. Good headroom, for me. Mine is two years old. I snapped one pole last summer and now I've had two more go. They did get me a new section last year but now AP are not exactly covering themselves is customer support glory.

I'm kinda hoping someone from AK might spot this. 

angry pirate 18 Jul 2022
In reply to PaulTanton:

I've noticed a nosedive in their customer support in recent years. The tips of my walking poles wore out after less than 100km twice. First pair replaced as they had broken internally too. No spares for the second pair which is not a great look.

Similar story with a (not very) waterproof jacket. The review for which has gone AWOL after being submitted.

Ridge 18 Jul 2022
In reply to angry pirate:

That's sad to hear, they've been brilliant whenever I've had (minor) issues.

OP PaulTanton 21 Jul 2022
In reply to PaulTanton:

Just received a new set of poles for the tent. Took a while but basically a good service from AK. Thank you

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...