Rucksacks you can put things in without removing them from your back.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Arbu 24 Apr 2022

Is a roll top rucksack like this https://www.amazon.co.uk/Lomo-Dry-Walking-Roll-Rucksack/dp/B00E8JFS9W/ref=s... any good for dropping things into without removing it from your back? I ask because it is now possible to shop in Sainsbury's (and probably other supermarkets) by scanning your items on your phone as you go round. So you need one hand for the item, one for your phone, and you could just drop each item over your back into a rucksack. Then, when you're done, you just have to pay, close up the rucksack, and off you go. Given that I cycle to and from the supermarket,  the idea is very appealing. Or would I risk just dropping things on the floor by failing to place them in the rucksack?

Maybe even one of these https://www.vidaxl.co.uk/e/vidaxl-firewood-backpack-with-carrying-belts-44.... would do the trick!

In reply to Arbu:

I like to take care with how I pack my bag when shopping; can't see just dropping stuff in would work for me.

In reply to captain paranoia:

Yes it sounds like a good way to crush your plums.

OP Arbu 24 Apr 2022
In reply to pancakeandchips:

Yes, that's true. Fruit is at the entrance of the store so would tend to end up at the bottom. And sometimes they request a rescan to make sure you're not stealing anything. Handing over some crushed fruit to be rescanned wouldn't be too great.

BusyLizzie 24 Apr 2022
In reply to Arbu:

I would drop everything if I did that.

In reply to pancakeandchips:

> Yes it sounds like a good way to crush your plums.

That's harnesses, not rucksacks...

In reply to Arbu:

Isn't it easier just to put the rucksack in a trolley and pack it properly as you go? 

Otherwise stuff would fall out if you bend down for something on a bottom shelf?

fred99 25 Apr 2022
In reply to captain paranoia:

> > Yes it sounds like a good way to crush your plums.

> That's harnesses, not rucksacks...

So you used to wear a Whillans too .....

OP Arbu 25 Apr 2022
In reply to Ron Rees Davies:

I think that probably is the best solution, yes. Although at my local supermarket the trolleys do tend to be jammed together where they are stored, and hard to extricate.

mondite 25 Apr 2022
In reply to Arbu:

> Given that I cycle to and from the supermarket,  the idea is very appealing. Or would I risk just dropping things on the floor by failing to place them in the rucksack?

Depending how much you buy and how much you care about banging stuff up a cycle couriers bag with the secondary step could work.

LastBoyScout 26 Apr 2022
In reply to Arbu:

> Given that I cycle to and from the supermarket,  the idea is very appealing. Or would I risk just dropping things on the floor by failing to place them in the rucksack?

Get a cargo bike or a trailer and use a normal shopping bag?

In reply to Arbu:

Wear it backwards. You'll look like a tool, and probably trip over things, but it'll work.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...