Trekking in Pakistan - any recommendations on for an agency for K2 BC

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 AntonY 02 Apr 2022

Hi All - newbie to the forum here.

I've had a look through some older posts but interested if anyone's been trekking in the Karakoram region and/or has a recommendation of trekking company that's more recent.
I'd love to attempt K2 base camp and over Gondogoro LA.

Apricot Tours have been pretty responsive to me but thought I'd check here if anyone has a good experience/advice for me to look at.

Thanks!

wert 02 Apr 2022
In reply to AntonY:

We did that trek in 1999 with KE Adventure Travel (based in Keswick). Couldn’t fault them. We did another 8 or 9 treks with them in various mountainous places around the world. 

Post edited at 23:26
 Gawyllie 03 Apr 2022
In reply to AntonY:

On both the trips I've done to the Karakorum I've used Hanif at Siachen Tours who I would happily recommend.

They are 'Siachen Travel & Tours Pakistan' on facebook. 

Iggy_B 03 Apr 2022
In reply to AntonY:

I used Jasmine Tours last year and they were fabulous from start to finish. I was staying on to climb (not K2!) but they took great care of my OH for her return trek. Trying to sort a trip with them this year too.

In Skardu the little K2 museum is worth a visit and if you have time whilst waiting for paperwork go to Shigar Fort Hotel for lunch.

Make sure you book yourself into the Pearl Continental in either Islamabad or Lahore afterwards as they are allowed to sell beer and have good pools.

OP AntonY 03 Apr 2022

Thanks for the recommendations all!  Appreciated.

Now about just finding who has trip I can join

JR 04 Apr 2022
In reply to AntonY:

Definitely recommend Anwar and Akbar Syed Lela Peak

https://www.facebook.com/Lela-Peak-Expedition-Pakistan-471472636236663

Post edited at 08:35
 steve_gibbs 04 Apr 2022
In reply to AntonY:

I did the K2 BC and Gondogoro La pass trek, over 14 days, with ten of us tourists, a tonne of porters, a bunch of horses, all food, etc, starting from Skardu, for $1,100 each, however that was in 2011. I did a tonne of research, as there’s myriads of companies and found Snowland Treks & Tours to be the best bang for the buck, in terms of not being the cheapest, but fairly cheap, however with excellent service. I’ve just checked and our group photo is still on their homepage and my review! As we were a group of ten, we got a particularly good price. It’s worth sending Kamal Hussain an email and see if he’s got any groups lined up for this summer, as you get massive economies of scale on the price in a larger group. I’d highly recommend them. That price didn’t include kit, as we had our own tents, clothing, etc, nor did it include any flights to/from Skardu, however did include the jeep ride Skardu to Hushe and the return ride back from the other side (I forget the name of). Good luck and enjoy Pakistan! It’s truly stunning!!

Jacki 06 Apr 2022
In reply to AntonY:

Would like to recommend chogori adventure, these guys are super friendly and economical, they are a home Town Team well recommend for a budgeted tour

I did the trek with them in 2017 everything was reasonable.

https://chogoriadventure.com/tour/k2-base-camp-trek/

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...