Patagonia jacket repair

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 justdoit 28 Dec 2021

hello 

just wondering has anyone had any experience of sending their Patagonia gear back to them to see if they will fix it? 

or can anyone recommend anyone/company that repairs outdoor clothing 

more specifically its a repair for a gor-tex jacket, its on the cuffs the velcro has started coming off which is used to tightening up the jacket around your wrists. 

many thanks 

ste_d 28 Dec 2021
In reply to justdoit:

I hear good things about Lancashire sports repairs though haven't used them myself

Mike Nolan 28 Dec 2021
In reply to ste_d:

Full disclosure, I work for Patagonia.

Patagonia repair any item free of charge. You can arrange it here: https://eu.patagonia.com/es/en/repairs.html

Since Brexit, we've switched to using Lancashire Sports Repairs rather than our previous repairer in Portugal, and the quality of the repair is genuinely fantastic. The only downside at the moment is the lead time (6-8 weeks approx).

I recently had my own Triolet Jacket repaired, which I tore on a barbed wire fence, and I was really impressed with how they had patched it and sealed the new seams created by the patch. Repairing the velcro on your cuffs won't be a problem at all. However, if the lead time is too long then Alpkit also offer a repair service for any brand.

greg_may_ 28 Dec 2021
In reply to justdoit:

I've had several jackets repaired for free over the past few years. Each time they've come back as good as new - new panels in one case!

OP justdoit 28 Dec 2021
In reply to Mike Nolan:

Thanks for that Mike 👍

Sam W 28 Dec 2021
In reply to justdoit:

Echo the above, but just to add, when my wife sent her Goretex jacket back for repairs it somehow got destroyed by the courier en route to Patagonia (in Portugal). Well beyond repair by the time it reached them, they replaced it with a brand new top of the range waterproof without any hint of a quibble.  Great customer service, it definitely added to our love of the brand

payney1973 29 Dec 2021
In reply to justdoit:

I have sent items back to Patagonia and they were fantastic. its away a small while but everything fixed free apart from postage.

Rmb1 29 Dec 2021
In reply to Mike Nolan:

Hi

I’ve a Patagonia hard shell jacket which is de- laminating in hard wear areas and more importantly, the glued seams holding the main zip, pit zips and hood to jacket are all parting. I sent the relevant details and pics to Patagonia and they declined to repair! Can understand the de-lamination refusal but seams parting everywhere on the jacket makes mockery of their much vaunted “lifetime guarantee” 

After 25 years of buying Patagonia, won’t be buying again

jon 29 Dec 2021
In reply to Rmb1:

Hmmm, in contrast, I took a pair of quite old and well used Patagonia ski trousers back to Patagucci in Chamonix, when a stitched seam blew. They repaired them with no argument. Some weeks later the repair failed (as indeed they warned me it might) as the orignal failure had weakened the material in such a way that the repair stitching pulled through it. With no question whatever, they handed me a new pair of an updated version as the model I had, had been discontinued. By chance it was slightly less expensive than the originals, so they simply handed me the difference in price in cash!  

wbo2 29 Dec 2021
In reply to Rmb1:  Really - why?

Mike Nolan 29 Dec 2021
In reply to Rmb1:

Without knowing the specifics of the issue, I can understand why that might have deemed beyond repair, and unfortunately membranes will eventually break down with use. There's always a balance between the impact of repair vs the impact of a new jacket too, and sometimes repairs are too extensive to justify (enviro impact, cost, time etc.)

However, it's pretty unusual in my experience that some sort of resolution under the Iron Clad Guarantee isn't possible, if the item has been well looked after and hasn't simply reached the end of its life.

I tried to DM you, but wasn't able to. Drop me a message with your name and email address, and I'll happily pass it on the the Customer Service team to look into. 

Mike

JohnO1978 30 Dec 2021
In reply to justdoit:

Does anyone know if Arcteryx offer similar?

Hiking_Dad 30 Dec 2021
In reply to justdoit:

I've had good luck with Patagonia warranty service, but for a faster turnaround I have also used Alpkit.  The Hatherasge Alpkit repair shop does great work, but you will pay out of pocket.

Rmb1 30 Dec 2021
In reply to wbo2:

>   Really - why?

Why do You think?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...