Dry rock

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Does anyone know if malhum cove is dry ? 

Or anywhere round peak district or north Yorkshire me and my mate need to climb 

Thanks for all your help

Scott and Paul 👍

mark s 28 Dec 2021
In reply to Scott the flash Johnson:

Not a chance roaches area,it's Ming here 

In reply to mark s:

Ok thanks for the info no idea where to go 

mrphilipoldham 28 Dec 2021

No idea about Yorkshire lime but all grit is likely to be wet, even the perma dry places were a bit greasy yesterday.

deacondeacon 28 Dec 2021

If youre ever desperate to climb on a horrible, wet day there are a few reliable spots. New Mills Torr is very good, has almost perma dry trad, bouldering & sport and is even floodlit. It almost always has something dry. Stoney bouldering particularly Tom's Roof. Hard sport climbing is often handy when it's wet, particularly Malham. All threw of these place have saved me recently.

Also check forecasts of places further away. Depending on where you are there's a lot of the UK close enough for a day trip. Welsh Slate is good in winter as a lot of the routes dry really quickly. Also, although the lakes has a reputation for being wet, it often has different weather to more inland places.

I climb pretty much every weekend and have only had one weekend which was 'no outdoor climbing'. I ended up going I doors only to find out that Malham had been glorious lol.

In reply to deacondeacon:

That's really helpful thanks i will try get out one day this week to the tor 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...