Power pack for phone recommendations

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Pedro50 06 Dec 2021

I've got an Anker 20000 power core which is excellent, charges my phone about five times. However it weighs 340g which is overkill for multi-day backpacking. I'm looking for something lighter that would put say two charges into the phone. Any recommendations? Thanks.

nathan79 06 Dec 2021
In reply to Pedro50:

Anker PowerCore Slim 10000? 212g so lighter but I suspect not the ultra light option you're after.

Guy Hurst 06 Dec 2021
In reply to nathan79:

For two charges of most modern phones a power bank of at least 10,000mHa is needed. The Anker chargers are very good ime and you'll not find any much lighter. Or keep the phone turned off for most of the time and get an Anker Astro E1 which is quite a bit lighter and good for one charge of most phones.

OP Pedro50 06 Dec 2021
In reply to nathan79:

Thanks that looks fine. It's frustrating that Anker aren't upfront with the weights of products.

Marek 06 Dec 2021
In reply to Pedro50:

Anker are reliable and most of the weight is Li-ion battery (with pretty much a fixed energy density), so if you want lighter then just choose one with less capacity. To get two charges, I'd double the capacity of the phone battery, add 30% and round up to whatever you can get.

OP Pedro50 14 Dec 2021
In reply to Hartlepool Anthony:

Thanks for all the advice, I settled for an Anker power core 5000 which weighs 133g and seems to do more than one full charge of my Samsung. 

CantClimbTom 14 Dec 2021
In reply to Pedro50:

More expense and an obtuse answer but have you considered a ruggedised waterproof phone with an 8,500 or 10,000 mah battery.

Personally I'm toying with the idea of getting the weirdly named "Doogee" S86 maybe if price reduced in January

In reply to CantClimbTom:

ooo they look good. Never heard of them but they have the right idea.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...