REVIEW: Marmot Mitre Peak - lightweight technical shell

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC/UKH Gear 12 Nov 2021

A Gore-Tex Active shell with a climbing-oriented cut and feature set, the Mitre Peak is a stripped-down option that will take you from technical summer alpine climbing, through to all seasons and uses in the UK - with the exception of full-on Scottish winter. While it's clearly aimed at mountaineers, we think it has good all-rounder credentials.

Read more

gethin_allen 14 Nov 2021
In reply to UKC/UKH Gear:

How durable was the DWR treatment of the face fabric? The DWR on my marmot gortex jacket was supposedly very environmentally friendly but failed very rapidly in wear areas resulting in wetting out.

In reply to gethin_allen:

Mine hasn’t started wetting out yet - I’m about 4/5 months in. What I’ve founded with modern waterproofs is that they require far more washing and treating. I wash other jackets in Tech Wash regularly and then occasionally reproof using a tumble drier. 

gethin_allen 15 Nov 2021
In reply to Nick Brown - UKC:

>"they require far more washing and treating. I wash other jackets in Tech Wash regularly and then occasionally reproof using a tumble drier."

Indeed, I've been intending to do mine for ages now. So much for the eco friendly credentials of the DWR coatings when you need to regularly treat them with other chemicals to keep the jacket working well.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...