SPOTLIGHT: New Clothing Autumn/Winter 2021

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC/UKH Gear 20 Oct 2021

We have spent the last couple of months catching up with brands up and down the country and checking out their quality new clobber. Below is a roundup of the most eye-catching new clothing.

Read more

HHay 20 Oct 2021
In reply to UKC/UKH Gear:

I'm so excited for the Trango jacket! It seems like the perfect do-it-all down jacket. I have a Rab Microlight, but I'm looking to update to something a bit warmer and with a helmet compatible hood. I was looking at the Rab's Electron Pro jacket. Do you think the ME Trango would be a better choice? I'm curious because ME garment tend to be better cut for me than Rab.
Thanks for your help and MANY thanks for the fantastic review you're doing.

TobyA 20 Oct 2021

Obviously it's Rich's job to sell the new Citadel, but it does look very very good for the worst of UK winter weather. The one I reviewed a decade ago was fantastically warm, but I thought a bit over engineered with thing climbers didn't actually need. They new one looks rather similar in design to my 20 yr old DAS parka in the simplicity and big drop pockets, just made with better and lighter materials. The way he describes the hood, why can all manufacturers make hoods that work like that? I guess because those of us pulling them on over hats, fleece hoods, helmets, and shell hoods are actually quite a small and weird bunch and the vast majority of your potential sales just don't need a hood like that?

simoninger 21 Oct 2021

The great thing about new gear season is that for mere mortals like me, the nearly-as-good old models go on the clearance rack.  Got a great deal on my new (2020) Fitzroy

galpinos 21 Oct 2021
In reply to TobyA:

> Obviously it's Rich's job to sell the new Citadel, but it does look very very good for the worst of UK winter weather. The one I reviewed a decade ago was fantastically warm, but I thought a bit over engineered with thing climbers didn't actually need. They new one looks rather similar in design to my 20 yr old DAS parka in the simplicity and big drop pockets, just made with better and lighter materials.

It does look like the perfect Scottish belay jacket (and that was a good sales pitch of a video!).

> The way he describes the hood, why can all manufacturers make hoods that work like that? I guess because those of us pulling them on over hats, fleece hoods, helmets, and shell hoods are actually quite a small and weird bunch and the vast majority of your potential sales just don't need a hood like that?

ME have always prided themselves on their hoods but for 99% of the outdoor buying public, they want something snug that looks good up and down, not a cavernous monstrosity! I have an Arc'teryx Cerium LT Hoody (that I won in a UKC comp, lucky me!) and the hood looks great but in any actual wind, it seems to funnel wind down my chest and nearly blows off. Give me an uncool but functional hood anyday!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...