Bivvy sites on the Cuillin ridge

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 ozandrew 11 Sep 2021

Planning the Cuillin ridge traverse next weekend (weather permitting) and wondering if anyone has done it recently and could recommend a good bivvy site.  We'll plan south to north. Any places you can drop off for water? All tips appreciated. 

veteye 11 Sep 2021
In reply to ozandrew:

All things Cuillin on FB?

For various considerations.

Or Adrian Trendall's two small popular guides, or the Tom Prentice guides.

In reply to ozandrew:

We bivvied on top of Banachdich when we did it a couple of months ago and we dropped off the ridge slightly at the bealach just before to fill our bottles. Adrian Trendall's books have tons of info, maybe more than you want.

atrendall 11 Sep 2021
In reply to ozandrew:

Firstly, good luck with the traverse and hope the weather plays ball.

Bealach between Sgurr Dearg and Sgurr na Banachdich is good bivi site with advantage of water source just below involving very little decent. Comfy bivi sites but you may want to carry on further so consider bealch before start south ridge of Ghreadaidh or carry on to An Dorus. An Dorus is easily and relatively quick to access from Glen Brittle so a good place to hide water etc. Hope this helps but don't hesitate to ask for more info.

atrendall 11 Sep 2021
In reply to atrendall:

I should have said the Cicerone Press guide book, "Skye's Cuillin Ridge Traverse" includes maps with main bivi sites and water sources marked on. If you haven't got a copy we can post one or you are welcome to drop in at Glen Brittle to have a look at a copy.

olddirtydoggy 11 Sep 2021
In reply to atrendall:

I'll second this guidebook. The above poster is the writer and we have been using it to research the ridge after cancelling our trip twice due to bad weather. We're up there hopefully this week but it's looking like a redivert down to Cornwall where the weather is better.

Adrian's guide has everything you could want to know on every section from watering points, nav help and bivi points. I get some like the idea of doing something without help but we don't have the time to keep hitting Skye so these types of guides are very helpful to get these things done safely in a visit.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...