Millet softshell thoughts

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 drimena 25 Aug 2021

Hi guys, I'm looking for a softshell jacket for this winter season and my only option is ordering online. I came across Millet K Shield jacket and it looks like it has all the features I need but I'm not sure about the cut. Looking at the pictures, It looks like it's too short on the torso. I honestly hate this because my belly get's uncovered with every move. Does anyone have this jacket? Any thoughts? There is a video on Youtube for a Millet Track Hoodie, very similar, softshell as well and it looks perfect. Do these have the same cut? I have a hardshell jacket Millet Trident 2.5L and it's perfect. Any thought would be very much appreciated.

In reply to drimena:

Hi Drimena,

I am supported by Millet so have a few Millet products, unfortunately I don't have the K shield. With the soft shells I do have, I have them in a medium and I am 6'2 for length they tend to sit about midway on trousers pockets (normal trousers not wearing them gangsta style , look similar to a lot of the photos on the Millet site.

For me I get away with it, Mainly ski touring so don't always have my arms up like climbing. When I have ice climbed in them the harness tends to hold it down. The large would probably give me better length in the body and arms but to baggy for me. 

Not sure if this has helped? I do have a mate who has an old K shield (just changed the design) I could ask him his thoughts?

Happy to answer any question if I can.

cheers Rob

In reply to drimena:

Body length/fit depends on cut and your body... It's hard to tell from pictures what the model's body is like. It's why I prefer to see actual measurements, such as rear collar seam to hem. At least you can then compare with other clothes you have.

I have a short upper body and long legs, whereas a mate of mine has a long upper body and short legs; we're the same height...

It may be easier to buy different sizes/styles online and return whatever doesn't fit.

OP drimena 30 Aug 2021
In reply to captain paranoia:

Thanks but ordering more than one is really a complication since I live in a quite remote place so this would be my last resort. I'm doing my best to check everything before buying in order to avoid returning the package back.

OP drimena 30 Aug 2021
In reply to ecrinscollective:

Hey Rob, thank you for the detailed response. If you could ask your mate about his thoughts on the jacket I would be very thankful. I hate when I raise my hands and the whole jacket just pulls up and uncovers half of my torso and belly. I would be wearing it a lot for climbing with harness and for mounteneering and hiking. As I said, I already have a hardshell from Millet and it's perfect and I'm pretty sure the K Shield shouldn't be far in terms of quality and craftsmanship but nevertheless, few words from someone who actually owns the jacket would help me a lot to finally decide.

Cheers

Post edited at 09:59
In reply to drimena:

> I live in a quite remote place 

Sorry, I assumed you were in the UK.

Why not ask Millet to measure the neck to hem, so you can compare with items you already own?

OP drimena 30 Aug 2021
In reply to captain paranoia:

Good idea! I just sent them a message. Hope they'll respond soon. Thanks my friend

In reply to drimena

I will ask my mate, he is away so maybe a week or so. what size are you thinking about? and I can measure my jackets or his neck to hem?

cheers

In reply to drimena:

It might be worth going along to your local builders merchant. Mine has a range of softcell jackets made by Dickies. Got one myself and it's just grand. Dickies is part of the same group that own The North Face.

OP drimena 31 Aug 2021
In reply to drimena:

Guys, thank you all for trying to help with this even though the topic is not so interesting, I admit. I'm going to order this jacket, no point in wasting more time talking about it. It will be nothing less than perfect, I feel it. Delivery should take some 10-15 days so I will respond here when I receive it just to let you know if it was the right choice.

Cheers

OP drimena 07 Sep 2021
In reply to drimena:

Finally received it. Perfect jacket, very well made, perfect cut! 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...