Salewa warranty issues due to Brexit?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Toerag 02 Aug 2021

Just saw the 'Salewa Alpine Hemp' advert in the sidebar and clicked it out of curiosity only to get this popup after a few seconds. Aside from being another Brexit 'gift', is it causing a problem? What Brexit change could actually cause it other than prohibitive costs with shipping goods around?

Post edited at 17:32

Basemetal 02 Aug 2021
In reply to Toerag:

Maybe lack of clarity on the VAT/Duty status of goods being sent out of the country and back? The return may be treated like a re-import. Sometimes a problem with US repairs too, and the EU framework might not be fully set up yet. But I'm just guessing.

gethin_allen 02 Aug 2021
In reply to Toerag:

Had a similar issue with an Italian outdoor shoe brand after I returned a faulty product. The reply came something along the lines of: we are very sorry that you have had cause to return our product, due to Brexit related tax issues we can't offer you a replacement so have refunded you to the card you paid with.

leon 1 02 Aug 2021
In reply to Toerag: Seems to be the same story with Wild Country (also owned by Oberalp Group/ Salewa) No Warranty for the UK at the moment. Doesn't inspire confidence (even though it should be the retailer that customers should be contacting initially)

https://www.wildcountry.com/en-gb/contacts

Post edited at 18:04
In reply to leon 1:

Hi Leon,

I'm Wild Country in the UK and I can guarantee 100% I will cover any and all WC warranty issues! If you have a warranty claim etc please take product back to place of purchase (or contact the shop if it was online) and we will get it sorted.

leon 1 02 Aug 2021
In reply to Euan McKendrick: Good response Thanks

Goose4 02 Aug 2021
In reply to leon 1:

Hi Leon, I hope you’re keeping well. I’ve just seen your post. I manage the wholesale business for SALEWA, Dynafit and POMOCA in the UK. Whilst the web store is still unfortunately down for all three brands, Brexit issues continuing I’m afraid. I have continued to manage and offer coverage for all warranty issues for all brands pre and post the start of this year.

The only compounding issue to this process is indeed if you purchased from the web store pre the start of this year. In this instance our web sales team is still able to take your details and pass them along to myself. I’ll then deal with the issue in country, supporting repair work where I can through Lancashire sports repair and Mountaineering Scotland or arranging for a replacement item.

I do sympathise with the warranty situation as it’s far from clear, but this unfortunately is one of the hangovers from Brexit and one which we’re still working to find the ideal solution for.

Very happy to answer more questions if required 

all the best 

> Seems to be the same story with Wild Country (also owned by Oberalp Group/ Salewa) No Warranty for the UK at the moment. Doesn't inspire confidence (even though it should be the retailer that customers should be contacting initially)

leon 1 02 Aug 2021
In reply to Goose4: Again positive response Thanks for that

(ps think you meant Scottish Mountain Gear not Mountaineering Scotland 

Goose4 02 Aug 2021
In reply to leon 1:

Sorry! Yep that one entirely! 
I have speaking to ‘mountaineering Scotland’ hence its on the brain 👍

cheers

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...