Was the lakes bouldering guide written by/for eagles

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 misterb 01 Jul 2021

Is it just me or is the font size a little bit small, even with glasses on I have to squint , it's a right eye strainer!!!

Photo credits are particularly annoying as there's loads of room to make them a normal size 

I get the issue with the massive amount of content needing to go in there but....

Emilio Bachini 01 Jul 2021
In reply to misterb:

I’d pack the car for a trip to Barney if I was you! Time for an eye test, seems fine to me. 

Mick r 01 Jul 2021
In reply to misterb:

I agree, totally unusable, and as you say needless.

I have to use the camera on my phone so I can read the text.

What size font do you think it's in? 1, 1.5 maybe

Post edited at 23:35
 ianstevens 02 Jul 2021
In reply to Emilio Bachini:

Agreed. It’s perfectly readable.

Howard J 02 Jul 2021
In reply to misterb:

I'm just wondering whether the 30-somethings saying its fine will feel the same when they're  40-somethings.

Jon Read 02 Jul 2021
In reply to misterb:

It's definitely a small font compared to pretty much all the other guidebooks nearby it on my shelves. I struggle to read it with reading glasses on. And there's a lot of white space that could be used for a larger and clearer font.

mrphilipoldham 02 Jul 2021
In reply to Howard J:

They'll know it off by heart by then! 

In reply to Howard J:

> I'm just wondering whether the 30-somethings saying its fine will feel the same when they're  40-somethings.

I’m a 60-something, and it’s fine. At the moment,

chris_r 02 Jul 2021
In reply to misterb:

Can you see the holds?

OP misterb 02 Jul 2021
In reply to chris_r:

Ha ha yep just, but the fact that I can read all my other guides and any books easily with reading glasses makes me question the font size choice 

Jon Stewart 03 Jul 2021
In reply to paul_in_cumbria:

> I’m a 60-something, and it’s fine. At the moment,

Your close vision stops getting worse at 60, if you can read it now you'll be fine until the point where reading a bouldering guide is no longer your top concern.

Post edited at 13:55

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...