NEWS: Sabrina Verjee sets new Wainwrights record

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC/UKH News 17 Jun 2021

Sabrina Verjee has completed a continuous round of the Wainwrights, in a new record time of 5 days, 23 hours, 49 mins, and cutting over six hours from the previous fastest known time. 

Read more

mountainbagger 17 Jun 2021
In reply to UKC/UKH News:

Amazing!

I only just watched the film of Paul's attempt a few days ago, and was thinking how incredible this was and then Sabrina does it quicker!

Congratulations!👏👏👏

petemeads 17 Jun 2021

5 days 23 hours 49 minutes and 12 seconds - you missed the minutes! Must have been the excitement...

Michael Hood 17 Jun 2021
In reply to petemeads:

> you missed the minutes!

You beat me to it 😁

Amongst the amazing aspects of this is that she came back so quickly after her attempt in May - the psychological barrier to actually just starting a multi-day challenge like this knowing that you may have to quit after several days effort - again - must be huge.

Post edited at 08:45
In reply to petemeads:

> 5 days 23 hours 49 minutes and 12 seconds - you missed the minutes! Must have been the excitement...

I suspect Dan will chuckle when he sees this - oops...

Whilst I can't speak for him, if it were me I'd put it down to the continued fatigue brought about by five days 23 hours 49 minutes and 12 seconds of incessant dot watching. The fact that I feel tired from that really does make me wonder how on earth people do the actual thing?!?

Hugely inspiring effort from Sabrina, not just for this attempt, but for pushing through after the others. 

In reply to petemeads:

Haha, thanks! I had it scribbled down right but then failed to add it to the report. It must've been the early hour and lack of coffee 

Rip van Winkle 17 Jun 2021

I'm aiming for the Longest Completion honour. If things go to plan I'll complete next Spring, having done my first Wainwright in March 1968. That'll be 54 years give or take the odd month, days, hours and minutes.

petemeads 17 Jun 2021
In reply to Rip van Winkle:

Don't be in too much of a rush - my first time up Bowfell was Easter 1970 I reckon and apart from the BG 42 I have done few others. With the Joss Naylor to recce over the next couple of years the concept of the slowest completion does appeal. And you never get to need another attempt, once it's done it's done!

This presupposes the current bout of sciatica will eventually clear up and allow me to walk again...

Pedro50 17 Jun 2021
In reply to Rip van Winkle:

1966 to 2017 for completion. Climbing got in the way for a few decades.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...