REVIEW: Montane VIA Trail Running Clothing Collection Review

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC/UKH Gear 15 Jun 2021

If you're clocking up the miles then you want clothing that's both comfy and durable, says Rob Greenwood - and Montane's VIA Trail running collection delivers on both counts. It's good for warm weather walking, too.

Read more

Denning76 15 Jun 2021
In reply to UKC/UKH Gear:

I received a pair of those twin-skin shorts as a gift recently. Other than the length (when in doubt, quads out), they are utterly brilliant. Wish you could get underwear made of the same stuff as that weird liner.

In reply to Denning76:

> I received a pair of those twin-skin shorts as a gift recently. Other than the length (when in doubt, quads out), they are utterly brilliant. Wish you could get underwear made of the same stuff as that weird liner.

They really are great aren't they. Fantastic gift too, as they're not cheap! 

Hope you've been getting out in them over the last few weeks of dry/bright weather. Bit of a contrast to how things were underfoot a month ago!!

Denning76 15 Jun 2021
In reply to Rob Greenwood - UKClimbing:

Yeah admittedly it would be a bit distressing to pay that much for a pair of shorts myself, but as a present they are excellent. First liner in a pair shorts I really like too.

Dark-Cloud 17 Jun 2021
In reply to Denning76:

Do they actually stay up though ? I have a couple of pair of Salomon ones and find the inner creeps down your leg (why they dont put a gripper on the bottom like cycling shorts is beyond me) which then results in your, erm, "junk" swinging in free space and then chafing, which is what they are meant to counter against!

Denning76 17 Jun 2021
In reply to Dark-Cloud:

Erm, I have yet to have any 'pendulous' experiences in them. I know what you mean though - I have some Alpkit ones which really aren't good on the liner front.

In reply to Dark-Cloud:

As per Denning76's reply, I've had no such problems (and it sounds like the sort of problem you'd find hard not to notice!).

Post edited at 11:22

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...