Underwear Only...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Jim Nevill 09 Jun 2021

Story in the Mail (okay, I know...) of 4 girls 'scaling' Snowdon in their underwear. All for charity it would seem, but they are now considering the same for the Ben. Good luck on that one girls! I doubt they'll need the sun-screen they probably used on Snowdon.

wercat 09 Jun 2021
In reply to Jim Nevill:

they've taken a long time to catch me up - I Scaled the heights of Beinn Bhan in Applecross from Kishorn Camp in underpants only in the very very very hot summer of 83 (even then the sweat was running off me).  then a skinny dip in the lochan on the top.  You saw no one else up there in them days.

That summer was so hot that some inmates were sleeping on the roof of the spiderblocks as it was too hot inside.

Post edited at 08:45
 Harry Jarvis 09 Jun 2021
In reply to Jim Nevill:

> Story in the Mail (okay, I know...) of 4 girls 'scaling' Snowdon in their underwear. All for charity it would seem, but they are now considering the same for the Ben. Good luck on that one girls! I doubt they'll need the sun-screen they probably used on Snowdon.

Why not. The last time I was on Ben Nevis, two years ago, it was very sunny and hot. I was dripping with sweat in a t-shirt and shorts. Sunscreen on Scottish hills in the summer is a very wise precaution.  

Lankyman 09 Jun 2021
In reply to wercat:

Me and a mate conquered Mount Ingleborough in crusty old wetsuits in the early eighties, after emerging early from a pothole. Didn't even get a line in the Craven Herald.

CantClimbTom 09 Jun 2021
In reply to Jim Nevill:

In a word...  "Midges"

In reply to Lankyman:

> Me and a mate conquered Mount Ingleborough in crusty old wetsuits in the early eighties, after emerging early from a pothole. Didn't even get a line in the Craven Herald.

I think the park service now insist on reverting to its Yorkshire name Whern-by-Ghum rather than English one. In you trip did you scale all the way up to the Inglesport "summit" cafe? Was the expedition with porterage or fully unsupported - an unrecognised feat like that is injustice to say the least. Perhaps a commemorative blue plaque is in order, maybe you could make a very official looking one and resin it on somewhere in the dead of night, see how long before anyone notices it?

Post edited at 08:59
 wercat 09 Jun 2021
In reply to Lankyman:

you must have lost some fluids!

if you'd painted the suits silver there would have been reports of cybermen up there

Post edited at 10:38
 Lankyman 09 Jun 2021
In reply to wercat:

> you must have lost some fluids!

Not too bad. We used to roll down the upper part if it was a one-piece suit or ditch the jacket of a two piece when walking to/from potholes. I think for the Ingleborough summit visit we'd been down something on Newby Moss so were already halfway up the hill. When furry/oversuits came in sweating was much less of an issue. Caving in a wetsuit in winter could be quite character building.

Message Removed 09 Jun 2021
Reason: inappropriate content
 PaulJepson 09 Jun 2021

In reply to Market_Chaos_Monday:

Does anyone know if Lochaber Mountain Rescue are after volunteers at the minute?

Lankyman 09 Jun 2021

> "Cassie, 26, pictured, admitted the climbers were all hesitant when they started but quickly stripped off and forgot about any body confidence issues "

"Lankyman, 61, pictured, admitted he was a little hesitant when he traipsed over his local hill wearing only his Y-fronts. When he was pulled in by the fuzz he told the Mail he'd no idea there'd be any fallout and would like to apologize to any witnesses who might have been put off their sandwiches"

Market_Chaos_Monday 09 Jun 2021

In reply to owlart:

> You don't have to look 'bad' to have body confidence issues. I know a lady who is slim and has stunning looks but thinks she's uglier than the back end of a bus

Of course not -  It is however very telling that not one of them is in anyway average looking . 

They all look like they could be models .

I've shown this several women and they all said the same thing .

Women like this is the reason we are body conscious, was the answer.

They could have thrown in one or two ugly ones.

Hooo 09 Jun 2021
In reply to Jim Nevill:

Back in the old pre-lockdown days I was running over Tower Bridge one morning when I saw a very attractive female runner who appeared to be wearing just underwear. I think that was pretty brave. I might have been tempted to run in the same direction as her, but she was way faster than me.

wercat 09 Jun 2021

do you think they might be liable if older male walkers suffered coronary harm from suddenly seeing them dressed like that?

Liability in groups?

Post edited at 18:29
 crayefish 09 Jun 2021
In reply to Jim Nevill:

Reminds me of a certain Monty Python sketch from The Meaning of Life 😁

Andy Clarke 09 Jun 2021
In reply to Jim Nevill:

Many years ago I did the round of Glen Nevis (36 miles and 17 Munros if I remember) in atrocious weather. It rained for 24 hours. No amount of goretex can cope with that and everyone's underwear eventually succumbed to the waterlogging. After 20 or so miles great hairy men were openly weeping from the pain of relentless chafing. Swiss penknives were deployed to hack off the sodden nether garments. Out of a dozen or so starters only three of us finished. I think I did most of the Mamores commando-style. Knew I should have worn a kilt.

nufkin 11 Jun 2021
In reply to Hooo:

>  female runner who appeared to be wearing just underwear.

Female track athletes' usual kit is pretty much 'underwear' by day-to-day standards

artif 11 Jun 2021
In reply to Jim Nevill:

For Mrs artifs first climbs, I took her to Sennen. She thought going topless was appropriate for her first and subsequent ascents on the day.

I couldn't/wouldn't think of a reason not to 😉

I was a very attentive belayer that day. 

In reply to wercat:

> do you think they might be liable if older male walkers suffered coronary harm from suddenly seeing them dressed like that?

> Liability in groups?

I wonder how people would feel if I started to strip off to my buggie smugglers on Crib Goch .

It's ok madam it's for charity , honestly .  It can get windy up there. I imagine the buggie will try and climb back into the body,  leaving me looking endowed with the might of a cocktail sausage.

:-D

Hooo 11 Jun 2021
In reply to nufkin:

> Female track athletes' usual kit is pretty much 'underwear' by day-to-day standards

But I assume it doesn't have lace and a low-cut bra? 

Toerag 11 Jun 2021

In reply to owlart:

> You don't have to look 'bad' to have body confidence issues. I know a lady who is slim and has stunning looks but thinks she's uglier than the back end of a bus

This always amazes me, so many good-looking women don't seem to realise they are. Maybe it's a deliberate genetic trait of the species to give ugly guys a chance? Do guys not hit on her all the time? Surely she'd realise if that were the case? Or is she deemed 'unattainable' and they don't bother?

tehmarks 12 Jun 2021
In reply to Toerag:

> Maybe it's a deliberate genetic trait of the species to give ugly guys a chance?

Maybe some people find that attraction extends beyond the physical?

girlymonkey 12 Jun 2021
In reply to Hooo:

The photo appears to show them in thongs too! The chaffing must be awful :-s

artif 12 Jun 2021
In reply to tehmarks:

> Maybe some people find that attraction extends beyond the physical?

Bank balance seems to have a significant influence. 

Lankyman 13 Jun 2021
In reply to girlymonkey:

> The photo appears to show them in thongs too! The chaffing must be awful :-s

Perhaps on the way up they just decided to crack on?

Hex a metre 13 Jun 2021
In reply to Lankyman:

Are you having a crack at their expense? For shame...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...