Dog walk wildlife.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Bottom Clinger 08 Jun 2021

Seen some good stuff recently. Start with deer and buttercups. Never seen as many buttercups, provide a great backdrop b

In reply to Bottom Clinger:

Previous photo was today, this was last week. 

Also today. Roe buck

Last week, roe buck eating oak leaves. This is a piece of land that was once part of a massive coal wash. 

Last week, turned a corner and saw this beauty. 

Some top pheasant stuff. Sun was just popping up whilst this cock pheasant was announcing its territory. You wouldn’t argue with him - he’s well ‘ard 

Post edited at 20:14

Buzzard being mobbed by magpies. This was taken a mile or so at an old pit

Post edited at 20:19

Different buzzard. Pity the ‘talon’ picture is a bit blurry, but still cool. 

And stumbled across a fox. 

Seen a lot of fledglings and adults catching food. Last week, heard a load of young wrens and given they were roughly all in the same area I guess they fledged that morning 

This whitethroat was grabbing grubs for its young, photoed it whilst watching those deer this morning. Came really close, cracking birds

Post edited at 20:30

Loads of family groups of long tailed tits. 

And a great tit nested in a metal post. Clearly been too busy feeding it’s chicks and not looking after itself. 

Been watching a nuthatch nest and worked out (based on when both adults started bringing food back to the nest which means the eggs had hatched) when they would fledge. And got it right! My wife and I noticed a fledgling squirm outside the neat hole and start begging for food. Then an adult started to entice another one out. We watched both fly away with at least one youngster still in the nest.

Grey heron. This pond is a also part of an old coal mine. Teaming with small roach. Saw a kingfisher here once. And mallard ducklings today. 

And blue tits, fledged last week. I found two dead ones in our garden. Reckoned they had starved due to lack of food, and Springwatch said ‘bad year for tits due to weather in April and May. 

Flinticus 09 Jun 2021

A great collection of wildlife sighting 

In reply to Flinticus:

Thanks.  This mornings orchid (which I believe is a southern marsh orchid), and pink campion. 

Paul72C 09 Jun 2021

You do take some amazing photos and your posts always brightens things up!

In reply to Paul72C:

Thanks and thanks.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...