Gas cannisters

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Gordonbp 25 May 2021

I need to get a new stove and would like people’s opinions on the pros and cons between screw on cannisters and push and twist?

ta!

tjin 25 May 2021
In reply to Gordonbp:

Push and twist; campingaz; easy to get in europe, poorly in other bits of the world. Only usable for campingaz stoves and the primus stoves with 'duo' option. Propane/butane mixes only.

Screw: far more stove options. available in most places in the world. More options; so generally also cheaper options available then the campingaz. Even many DIY store has them. You can get fancier cold weather mixes.

Neil Williams 25 May 2021
In reply to Gordonbp:

I'd go with screw because it's a more common standard.  Push and twist is just Campingaz.  Unless you're going somewhere you can't get anything else.

LastBoyScout 25 May 2021
In reply to Neil Williams:

> I'd go with screw because it's a more common standard.  Push and twist is just Campingaz.  Unless you're going somewhere you can't get anything else.

GO System do an adapter called the Travel Pak - if you can get one anywhere. Same/similar one also seems to be sold as CADAC Adventure Pak and badged as Karrimor.

Seems there's also one by Markhill, also sold badged as Edelrid and Vaude, possibly others.

Post edited at 11:57
 Prof. Outdoors 25 May 2021
In reply to Gordonbp:

My primus stove uses screw fitting but years ago I bought an adaptor that converts push and fit canisters to screw fitting. This has got me out of trouble on a few occasions. Think it was made by Edelrid but have not seen it for sale for ages. Apparently Google shows similar unknown origin options are available via the internet.

OP Gordonbp 26 May 2021
In reply to Gordonbp:

Thanks for the replies - not looking to go abroad, so screw fitting it is!

climbingbadger 01 Jun 2021
In reply to LastBoyScout:

Kovea have adaptors in for lindal to P&T and Butane lighter refill type containers, I ordered one of each the other day, and I think they do an adaptor for piercable canisters too. They're in stock at mercatorgear, I've not seen them anywhere else though. Not sure if there's an adaptor for the reverse though.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...