REVIEW: Sprayway kid's jackets - Bianca and Belle

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC/UKH Gear 07 May 2021

If you take your kids outdoors a lot, they deserve clothing that's up to the job, says Dan Bailey, but of course it's hard to justify investing megabucks. Sprayway's Junior range combines decent prices with proper outdoor functionality. Here the Bailey girls subject two jackets to some heavy abuse - but which will be left standing at the end? 

Read more

galpinos 07 May 2021
In reply to UKC/UKH Gear:

Great to see some kids stuff reviewed, especially as I have two girls a little younger than yours! Decathalon has been our saviour (as has the Patagonia sale) and we have a dedicated "hand me down" line set up when my youngest grows out of stuff.

icehockeyhair 07 May 2021

Yes, thanks for these kids reviews! Very handy indeed. I've also managed to sell on some of my daughter's old outdoor stuff on gumtree which helps make buying a larger size a bit cheaper.

steveq 07 May 2021

Please do more articles on decent kids outdoor clothing! It's hard to know what's going to be decent. Like you I often see kids trailing around, suffering in terrible stuff whilst the parents are wrapped in layers of high-end goretex.

My 12 year old daughter loves that furry fleece and similarly never wants to take it off! The one thing we've found we really have to spend a bit of money on is boots, both my girls now wear Scarpa leather boots which are actually tough enough and waterproof enough to spend the day climbing munros.

Stephen

sjminfife 07 May 2021
In reply to steveq:

My kids were brought up with Keela kit. The shop is just up the road in Glenrothes and the sales are brilliant. They have never worn anything out...it's always been handed on.

Caralynh 07 May 2021

My daughter has the older version of this and still loves it, despite it being, in my opinion, too small now. She insists she can still fit in it and won't let me sell it! Best thing is, it still looks like new after 3yrs.

BRILLBRUM 09 May 2021

For all things outdoors and Scouts I've relied on Regatta for their really good kids selection of clothing. It's functional, it works well, and best of all it's proven cost effective while they still refuse to stop growing!

The biggest spend has really been on boots. For certain activities we have used wellies as they are good for almost anything. Scouts however quite rightly insist on walking boots for most things and these are grown out of very quickly. Non-brand, almost throw away price (they have gone to charity shops or the Scouts boot box) have proven the best buy.

As the eldest looks to more challenging activities Mountain Warehouse kit is proving to be  good investment.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...