Black Diamond Momentum harness, v. nerdy question!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 joeramsay 06 May 2021

I have a BD momentum harness that is probably about at the end of its life. It is the old model with a red belay loop. I've never had any issues with this harness whatsoever so I'd like to just buy the exact same harness again, however they've upgraded it (twice) since I bought it. Pictures of the newer models make the gear loops look really small. Is anyone able to comment on whether they've made the gear loops smaller, either on the 2019 model with a blue belay loop or the 2020 one with blue leg loops? I wouldn't want them to be any smaller - I would just go to a shop myself and look but I don't have a shop near me. Thanks in advance!

OP joeramsay 06 May 2021
In reply to joeramsay:

Other option for me is upgrading to Solution Guide. I've found BD harness sizing to be a bit all over the place, so also would appreciate if anyone has any comments on whether the SG fits similarly to the Momentum.

C Witter 07 May 2021
In reply to joeramsay:

I had an older model and also liked it, so replaced it with the 2019 model with the blue belay loop. Felt exactly the same and I've always thought it a good harness at a good price.

I don't think the gear loops are small or smaller. Either way, I've had up to 11 cams, two sets of nuts, micro nuts,16 quickdraws and assorted other things racked on it at the same time, with no real issues (I mean... it was a little crowded!).

Hope that helps!

OP joeramsay 14 May 2021
In reply to joeramsay:

Right just in case anyone finds this post in the future looking for info about the new momentum, if the old model fits you in a small, but you're at the lower end of the range, the new one probably won't also fit you, as they've made them bigger. Bastards

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...