MLT DLog - logging international trekking?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 hpil 16 Mar 2021

In the process of logging all of my backdated experience, and am wondering if there is any consensus on the best way to log 'international trekking' trips - eg the Overland Track in Tasmania, multi-day hut routes in New Zealand etc? Log as one eg seven day trip, or as seven one day trips maybe grouped as an expedition. I've asked MLT directly and the reply was essentially 'its up to me'...

jezb1 16 Mar 2021
In reply to hpil:

I'm an ML assessor, personally I'd rather see it as one entry with some notes in the description etc. I only say that as it's a bit easier to get an overview of candidate's experience that way, in my opinion.

I wouldn't worry about it though.

Post edited at 13:44
Roadrunner6 16 Mar 2021
In reply to hpil:

I just log everything, as trips. Weekends in Scotland etc. If you're out a lot you have plenty of experience anyway so they aren't going to want to see Day 1, Day 2, Day 3 etc. It's more to show the diversity and depth of your experience. Same with arguing over what's a QMD, just log everything and let them decide. 

Post edited at 13:49
 static266 16 Mar 2021
In reply to hpil:

If you’re working towards your IML for example then detailed and separated days could be beneficial. 

If you’re currently working towards / hold UK qualifications like me then personally I sum up the trek in a single entry. 

OP hpil 16 Mar 2021
In reply to jezb1:

Thanks Jez. Some great, helpful videos on your website!

Cheers, phil

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...