Scottish Travel Rules and The Adventure Show

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 S Andrew 15 Mar 2021

Just watched the latest bumper Adventure Show episode.

Lots of people getting out locally and playing in the snow (and cold water).

The Perth Vloggers' Car-Share outing to Carnmore bothy and "the remotest point in Scotland" in January got me wondering.

Can we all get round these pesky travel restrictions in Scotland just by taking along a GoPro to film ourselves climbing? 

Fiona Reid 15 Mar 2021
In reply to S Andrew:

The Carnmore stuff was filmed around the longest day, so December 21st when Perthshire was still in level 2 and thus travel from there to other level 2 and 1 areas was allowed. 

I confess I thought the same as you as the initial description earlier in the show implies it was shot in January but when they get to the detailed footage they make it clear it's pre Christmas and around the longest day. 

OP S Andrew 15 Mar 2021
In reply to Fiona Reid:

I guess it's back to the drawing board then. Or the calendar.

In reply to Fiona Reid:

> The Carnmore stuff was filmed around the longest day, so December 21st

Longest day?

Scomuir 15 Mar 2021
In reply to Fiona Reid:

> The Carnmore stuff was filmed around the longest day, so December 21st when Perthshire was still in level 2 and thus travel from there to other level 2 and 1 areas was allowed. 

I'm pretty sure Perthshire went into Level 3 mid-November last year, and hasn't dropped out of it since.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-54923074

Post edited at 16:14
 Fiona Reid 15 Mar 2021
In reply to Ghastly Rubberfeet:

Doh! Shortest day even 😉

Fiona Reid 15 Mar 2021
In reply to Scomuir:

Hmmmm, so it seems, both myself and other half we're sure it was in level 2 then but clearly not. 

Please accept my apologies for any confusion. 

Fiona Reid 15 Mar 2021
In reply to S Andrew:

A bit more digging and it seems The Adventure Show get a bit of a pelting for this particular feature on FB. 

However, it seems one of them is a freelance filmmaker for the BBC and thus that gets them a get out of jail (or local authority) free card. 

Perhaps some clarification re the Bothy would have been good though. All the MBA ones are currently closed. Carnmore isn't MBA but some folks watching this might now think it's fine to head off to a Bothy

Sadly the rest of us are stuck with the restrictions ☹️

UKC Forums 15 Mar 2021
This thread was started in the ROCKTALK forum and has now been moved.
Please could you try and post in the correct forum, it makes life easier for both users and moderators.

HILLTALK
A general forum for topics relating to hillwalking. Discuss walks you have been on, great scrambles, the best ridges, Munro-bagging and longer multi-day walks.

More Forum descriptions - http://www.ukhillwalking.com/forums/info/forums.html
OP S Andrew 15 Mar 2021
In reply to Fiona Reid:

“Freelance film maker for the BBC” might give me more to work with. Whole world of vagueness buried in there.

How about “It’s all perfectly fine officer. I’m a freelance film maker - look, GoPro - and I intend to sell my film to the BBC”

Flinticus 15 Mar 2021
In reply to S Andrew:

Yeah. I'm a freelance mountain photographer...poet...dog walking service

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...