A-Z 'new' 10p coins.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Slackboot 22 Feb 2021

The A-Z 10p coins were released in 2018. Where are they? I have only seen a couple since the release date. 

Rob Exile Ward 22 Feb 2021
In reply to Slackboot:

I've hardly seen any coins since 2018, much less examined one.

OP Slackboot 22 Feb 2021
In reply to Rob Exile Ward:

I will be sad if 'real money' eventually becomes defunct. I still remember the excitement at finding a 10 shilling note on the pit heap when I was a child. And the size and feel of half crowns. 

Lankyman 22 Feb 2021
In reply to Slackboot:

> I will be sad if 'real money' eventually becomes defunct. I still remember the excitement at finding a 10 shilling note on the pit heap when I was a child. And the size and feel of half crowns. 

And what about sayings like 'a penny for your thoughts'? Somehow, 'a pincode digit for your thoughts' doesn't quite work.

Cobra_Head 22 Feb 2021
In reply to Rob Exile Ward:

> I've hardly seen any coins since 2018, much less examined one.

My sisters birthday last March we rented a cottage in the Lakes for a week I drew £300 out for beer and food, etc. I still have £100 left!

WaterMonkey 22 Feb 2021
In reply to Lankyman:

> And what about sayings like 'a penny for your thoughts'? Somehow, 'a pincode digit for your thoughts' doesn't quite work.

Pennies and pounds will still be there, it's just cash that we can do without.

hokkyokusei 22 Feb 2021
In reply to Slackboot:

I don't think I've seen a single one, I don't even think I knew they existed.  

Dax H 22 Feb 2021
In reply to Slackboot:

One of life's guilts pleasures is finding money, obviously big numbers get handed in but a tenner or so is fair game. 

Just before Christmas I found a tenner in the middle of the road on the way to the chip shop. The lasses in the shop got it as a tip. 

OP Slackboot 22 Feb 2021
In reply to Dax H:

I once found a £20 note while litter picking at a large Supermarket. I took it to the boss expecting to have to share it with the other lads. He told me I could keep it since 'the rule change'. I asked him about this and he said they used to always share out any finds. But he changed the rules after finding £60 one day!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...