Rab Expedition1200 or Mountain Equipment Redline?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Removed User 10 Feb 2021

Hello all,
I'm searching for help with choosing a sleeping bag, I know that I want an extreme winter bag but I'm a bit confused regarding sizing and overall choosing between Rab and ME.

I'm a 175cm female with relatively wide hips (115cm circumference) and trying to choose between Rab 1200 Expedition sleeping bag and Mountain Equipment Redline. 

I'm wondering which one will give my hips more space (or if I should be focusing on a different bag altogether). I can't find the hip circumference for the Mountain Equipment bag while the Rab has 63cm hip width (I don't know if that is enough). They both have 80cm shoulder width, Rab has 45cm foot width but ME Redline has 50cm.

Also if you have an experience on both labels, which one would you choose? 

Solhronn

99ster 10 Feb 2021
In reply to Removed Usersolhronn:

Get PHD to make you one to fit...

https://www.phdesigns.co.uk/down-sleeping-bags

Removed User 10 Feb 2021
In reply to 99ster:

I thought about it but they are way more expensive....

Root1 10 Feb 2021

> I thought about it but they are way more expensive....

Be careful their temperature ratings are optimistic in the extreme. You are on the right lines looking at the bags you quoted.

Babika 10 Feb 2021

I have a Rab extreme bag at the mo but have used the ME Redline in the past. Both excellent and warm in extreme cold. However I like a snug fit and tend to lay very still. If you prefer to thrash about a bit in your bag and want more space I would email ME and ask for exact dimensions. I find most companies really helpful - and Rab exceptional - with customer queries. 

And if you hell bent on a PHD you can pick them up secondhand. I sold a mates £650 bag used once on Denali on ukc for £240. I bet there's a few around if you try Wanted. 

Removed User 11 Feb 2021
In reply to Babika:

I took your advise and wrote to ME. The bag is 73 cm in hip width so I'll go with the ME Redline. 

Thank you all for your help. 

Post edited at 14:36

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...