Garmont Boot Width

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 echo34 18 Dec 2020

I’m in the market for a new pair of mountain boots, but I’m struggling to find something light with a wide toe box, some that is more foot shaped than the majority of pointy toe boots. Has anyone got any experience with Garmont boots? Are these fairly wide on the toe box? Particularly the Tower 2?

sportiva are too narrow, and most of Scarpa new stuff is very pointy (Zodoac tech worked well). I’m looking for something that doesn’t cut in to a point so aggressively which seems to be harder and harder to find these days. Any other recommendations? I’ve tried the Salewa Crow which was pretty good, but the heel rubbed a lot with crampons on 🤦‍♂️

Toerag 18 Dec 2020
In reply to echo34:

I can't comment on their current range, but back in the early 2000s they were selling the same footwear as Karrimor were in the UK, just re-badged ( I don't know who was doing the manufacturing though). If nothing's changed and Karrimor suits your feet then you're probably good to go. The Karrimor approach shoes I had then were definitely not pointy.

andyd1970 18 Dec 2020
In reply to echo34:

I’m in the same position as you but still searching 

I purchased some Garmonts online about 7 years ago and I remember them being tiny in the length and sent them back 

Pedro 18 Dec 2020
In reply to echo34:

I quite like Hanwag Makra Combi GTX. They give me room to wriggle my toes.

Good Luck   P.

In reply to echo34:

I used garmont guide pros all last winter. Can't speak highly enough of them. Comfortable straight out the box, still fully waterproof and still in excellent condition after around 15 outings. 

I wouldn't say I have skinny feet but have had no problems with the toe box. 

Having said that, I have tried on a pair of garmont pinnacles in a shop, but didn't find them as comfortable and didn't buy then.

Found the guides true to size. 

There are some crazy cheap prices around for the guides at the moment for a B3, perhaps they are being discontinued? 

Post edited at 21:15
 David Myatt 18 Dec 2020
In reply to echo34:

My wife has Hanwag bunion boots...good and wide at the toe. Bought at Cotswolds. Daughter also has Hanwags, although not the Bunion ones. Bought at Ellis Brighams. Both like them for the space around the toes.

David

RobertKett 18 Dec 2020
In reply to echo34:

As a generalisation, I've found that boots from Northern European companies tend to be wider in the forefoot than those of the Italian companies; e.g Meindl, Lowa, Hanwag (as mentioned already), and others.

Hope you find something suitable for you.

GForce1 19 Dec 2020
In reply to echo34:

I have a pair of Garmont Pinnacle GTX B2 boots. Got them as I have asymmetric feet and they have a wide toe box. Would recommend. I tried lots and these were the only boots that I could find that fitted.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...