VIDEO: The Tea Round - Running the Fells from George Fisher

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC/UKH News 15 Dec 2020
The Tea Round

Long-distance challenges such as the Bob Graham have gained notoriety far outside the borders of Cumbria, and for good reason. These rounds take in the Lake District's most spectacular scenery, add a hugely challenging physical and mental aspect and throw in a 24-hour time limit for good measure. Local fell runner Jacob Tonkin set about creating his own route over the fells.

The Tea Round is a 30 miles route that starts and finishes at the doors of George Fisher in Keswick. There's no time limit, but an aspirant Tea Round ticker must visit all the tops visible from the cafe's window.

Read more
 greg_may_ 15 Dec 2020
In reply to UKC/UKH News:

It's an interesting round some great running. I had a massive explosion at Buttermere this summer while attempting it. Went far too fast in hot weather on already tired legs from two weeks in Scotland. Daft idea, but I had a lot of time to think while walking back on the road to Keswick

Lhod 17 Dec 2020

I hadn't heard of this but it looks great! On my list for next time I can make it up to the Lakes. 

Jon Stewart 17 Dec 2020

Enjoyed the photography and interview. The music not so much - who makes that stuff? 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...