Mountain Equipment Kenisis Jacket fabric issue ?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Aled Williams 14 Nov 2020

Anyone had any issues with the outer fabric (HeliumAP) of the ME Kenisis Jacket ? 

I've owned two in the space of two weeks and in both cases the areas which make contact with a rucksack have already worn badly.

I've not used them heavily at all, actually I've only worn them to go grocery shopping carrying a very light load !

Its a shame really, its an outstanding jacket far better than any other active insulation piece I've owned !

ste_d 14 Nov 2020
In reply to Aled Williams:

Not specifically with the Kinesis but yes I've had lots of problems over the years with pack wear on fabrics at certain rub points on the back, especially with some lighter weight jacket fabrics and possibly in combination with packs made with a particularly abrasive back material, on the whole it hasn't bothered me too much as the wear and tear has been cosmetic

Becky E 20 Nov 2020

How old and dirty is your rucksack?  Have you ever washed it, or is it ingrained with years of accumulated grime?  It is worth bearing in mind that the problem may not (just) be with the jacket but with with the rucksack that's rubbing against it.

OP Aled Williams 20 Nov 2020
In reply to Becky E:

Basically brand new.

Samseabass 22 Nov 2020

weird, had mine getting on for couple of years now, no wear at all. 

galpinos 23 Nov 2020

I'd get in touch with ME. They are a nice bunch and if know a couple of people with Kinesis jackets and none have commented on that being an issue, they seem pretty popular!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...