BMC Open Forum

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Andy Say 07 Nov 2020

Did many folks 'virtually attend' on Thursday evening?

I was in France with a poor signal and just a wee phone and couldn't seem to ask a question no matter what I did. It seemed that some issues were shut down pretty quickly ('thats been dealt with / that's in hand') and had been 'sorted' before the forum started.

Did I really hear allegations that the President, the 'members' champion', had misled the National Council (elected members representatives) over a few issues?  But it was OK because a report had been written and 'lessons had been learned'?

AND another issue. If the BMC is dependent for new memberships on people who really want to buy insurance or register for a Mountain Training award then surely there is something wrong with the BMC 'offer'. Or is there a finite number of people who want to join the BMC just because they WANT to join the BMC?

profitofdoom 07 Nov 2020
In reply to Andy Say:

Andy, thanks very much, but PERSONALLY I'm a bit preoccupied with Covid-19 worldwide and in the UK, and Brexit just around the corner, and the US election this evening ..... I'll get back to the BMC soon ..... thanks again

wbo2 07 Nov 2020
In reply to Andy Say:

Re. your last point , I'd assume that the insurance offer is a powerful incentive for people to actully  join who otherwise would admire and benefit from the good work the BMC does, and always be thinking of joining next week.  That's human nature... most people let someone else do the work

OP Andy Say 07 Nov 2020
In reply to profitofdoom:

> Andy, thanks very much, but PERSONALLY I'm a bit preoccupied with Covid-19 worldwide and in the UK, and Brexit just around the corner, and the US election this evening ..... I'll get back to the BMC soon ..... thanks again

Got your priorities pretty much right, I'd say 😉

gravy 07 Nov 2020

Was it recorded for posterity?

OP Andy Say 07 Nov 2020
In reply to gravy:

That would be interesting.  But maybe a waste of electricity.....

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...