ARTICLE: Mountains in Miniature - A LEGO Mont Blanc Massif

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Articles 26 Oct 2020

Sébastien Cuomo with his creation.

Sébastien Cuomo didn't expect the 3000 notifications that animated his phone when he posted a photo of his latest LEGO build on Facebook. Although countless iconic buildings have been replicated in plastic and in miniature thanks to the versatility of LEGO, comparatively few landscapes have been built brick by brick. For Sébastien, the Mont Blanc Massif provided the perfect architectural challenge: 20km x 16km of glaciers, granite, meadows, forests and urban landscapes were topographed layer by layer to create a 160 x 128 'stud' model built more-or-less to scale. While many pined for the outdoors during lockdown, Sébastien built his very own mountains in miniature at home.

Read more

bouldery bits 26 Oct 2020
In reply to UKC Articles:

This has brightened a dull, rainy day.

Chapeau! 

67hours 26 Oct 2020

Really appreciating the increasing rate of LEGO themed articles. Hope this trend continues!

Post edited at 21:34
 Misha 26 Oct 2020

Amazing. Small point - the angled tooth of the Dent Blanche? Did you mean the Aig Blanche de Peuterey?

mcawle 27 Oct 2020
In reply to Misha:

Dent du Géant maybe?

In reply to 67hours:

Yeah two stories about LEGO in under two weeks! We must be heading into lockdown again...

Dent du Géant, of course. Not sure why Blanche came out. Too many teeth! 

Toerag 27 Oct 2020

That is very cool, I might see if I can do something similar for my island home.

Jim Nevill 27 Oct 2020

Excellent! Come on someone on UKC - a to-scale model of Cloggy!

Crazylegs 27 Oct 2020

I can't wait for Sebastien to get around to Baildon Bank.

Superb!

simes303 10 Nov 2020

That is flipping brilliant!

Iamgregp 10 Nov 2020

Do ever get that thing where everyone thinks something is brilliant and you just don't get it at all but you don't want to say something because all your friends like it and you can see how much joy they get from it so you don't want to taint it?  Y'know, like David Bowie?

In reply to Iamgregp:

> Do ever get that thing where everyone thinks something is brilliant and you just don't get it at all but you don't want to say something because all your friends like it and you can see how much joy they get from it so you don't want to taint it?  Y'know, like David Bowie?

No.

wbo2 11 Nov 2020
In reply to Iamgregp: or Thin Lizzy?  

Kalna_kaza 11 Nov 2020

I would love to see something similar for other mountain ranges or areas. Fitzroy and Cerro Torre would be my pick.

Iamgregp 11 Nov 2020
In reply to wbo2:

Or U2

In reply to Iamgregp:

> Or U2

You think 'everyone' thinks U2 are brilliant???

Iamgregp 12 Nov 2020
In reply to DubyaJamesDubya:

No. I just couldn’t pass up an opportunity to slate them!

In reply to Iamgregp:

> Do ever get that thing

I do. But I keep quiet, and don't make snide comments about 'do you ever get that thing'...

Iamgregp 12 Nov 2020
In reply to captain paranoia:

It's a joke about a lego mountain mate, don't take everything so seriously! 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...