PRODUCT NEWS: Arc'teryx Atom LT Hoody

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC/UKH Gear 19 Oct 2020
Atom LT Lifestyle

Atom LT Hoody - An icon evolves. Steeped in the alpine, this versatile hoody has warmed climbers, hikers, backcountry skiers and downtown commuters for over a decade.

Read more
 jdh90 19 Oct 2020
In reply to UKC/UKH Gear:

After six years of love mine sustained its first tear yesterday after snagging on a pointy thing, so I clicked on the link to see what arcteryx had to say for themselves these days.

Like the idea of more resilient fabric.

But to find out about that I had to scroll past those very off putting catalogue shots that made me question whether I was still on a climbing site.

The dynamic add for their hard shell with the winter climber in tough conditions seems much better in touch with the opening gambit of "steeped in the alpine".

I'll probably look at just getting mine repaired. Heard a rival brand has a local store that will repair, if I cant get the duct tape to stick.

lumu_tit 19 Oct 2020

I got rid of my last one; no where near as breathable as a fleece mid layer and the stretchy fleece side panel allows the wind to blow through it when used as an outer layer.      

Glyno 20 Oct 2020

I actually find the Atom LT very 'average'. The fit is a bit on the baggy side, there are far warmer tops around that compare weight-wise, and the hood/chin adjustment is practically useless. My first one had to be repaired as the stitching on one of the sideseams completely unravelled - not something I'd expect from a 'premium' brand. I use it now mainly for cooler, non-hill days.

s3ns 25 Oct 2020
In reply to Glyno:

"there are far warmer tops around that compare weight-wise"

asking out of curiosity - can you please name some of these?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...