Long bodied baselayers

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Tigger 14 Oct 2020

Well my long serving RAB Dry-Flo base layer is a little worse for wear after 10 years of abuse. Its synthetic but never seems to smell (literally never even after days of use), its not super thin but is good for year round use and fits tall lanky me very well. Any reccomendations for long bodied repacenent please? I'm not a huge fan of merino so synthetic is preferred and RAB's newer stuff all seems lighter duty / less durable.

Thanks

Post edited at 07:20
 twoshoes 14 Oct 2020
In reply to Tigger:

It's possibly not quite what you're after but I found some synthetic Kipsta baselayers in Decathlon to be very long-bodied and long-armed. I think it's a Kipsta Keepdry 500. They're very cheap but they do start to smell a bit.

I work outdoors and wanted something cheap and trashable and they've more than done the job. I've not qualms wearing them for running/biking or climbing, but I might change before I go to the pub afterwards...

OP Tigger 14 Oct 2020
In reply to twoshoes:

Great, I'll take a look thanks. What's the fit like btw?

nniff 14 Oct 2020
In reply to Tigger:

Decathlon for me too.  Wander around the aisles because they have different cuts for different sports and what you might be looking for is not necessarily where you'd expect it.  Kipsta is football, Kalenji is running, van rysel is cycling, etc  Lots of different necklines and weights of fabric.  None of my stuff smells.

At 6 feet tall, 38 inch chest 32 waist and 11.5 stone I wear a large - which is a good snug fit that lets you pull the sleeves up.

LastBoyScout 14 Oct 2020
In reply to Tigger:

I've got a Patagonia base layer that is ridiculously long in the body - not sure if the rest of their stuff is along the same lines.

OP Tigger 14 Oct 2020
In reply to nniff:

Thanks, looks like we're the exact same build, I'll probably try my luck and order online.

OP Tigger 14 Oct 2020
In reply to LastBoyScout:

I did look a Patagucci, but their current range looks a littler wierd tbh.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...