PRODUCT NEWS: Nalgene Sustain: New Line made with 50% recycled content

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC/UKH Gear 21 Sep 2020

Hitting the shops during October will be the new Nalgene Sustain Range of Drinking Bottles, built from the revolutionary Tritan Renew Resin.

Read more
 goose299 21 Sep 2020
In reply to UKC/UKH Gear:

Great idea. Though I’m surprised it’s taken Nalgene this long to do

On the plus side, I won’t be purchasing one. My circa 10 year old Nalgene is still going strong and shows no sign whatsoever of needing replacing  

They’re pretty indestructible 

Flinticus 21 Sep 2020
In reply to goose299:

I'd be interested to know which is better for the environment: these or steel water bottles (which I presently use and leave behind at the wall every so often).

GrahamD 21 Sep 2020
In reply to Flinticus:

Or indeed PET bottles used a dozen times and then put in recycling. 

> I'd be interested to know which is better for the environment: these or steel water bottles (which I presently use and leave behind at the wall every so often).

In reply to goose299:

> Great idea. Though I’m surprised it’s taken Nalgene this long to do

Yeah 2020 is a bit late to get on the recycling train. Also if these are as strong as the original then a real statement of intent would be to replace the whole line where possible with this new formula, rather than giving people the option to not buy it. 

As you say, not sure when in the next few decades years I'll need a replacement Nalgene but you never know

angry pirate 21 Sep 2020
In reply to UKC/UKH Gear:

Now, I'm confused: is it better to keep using the Nalgene bottles I have or to put them in the recycling and buy these new ones?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...